Scrap engine worth

does anyone know how much a scrap engine would bring if i took it to scrap yard, thats if i could pick the blooming thing up

£20-£30?

John X

thank you, god knows how i'd get it there, husband says i need to clean it to get rid of oil ......yeh right

well he got a point, i dont want oil in my car

then theres trying to lift it, without damaging my car

would i really have to clean all oil off before i took the thing

does anyone know how much a scrap engine would bring if i took it to scrap yard, thats if i could pick the blooming thing up

I took my old 2.5 litre engine to a yard near Attercliffe. They told me it wasn't worth weighing it unless I had a van full, and wouldn't give me anything for it.

would i really have to clean all oil off before i took the thing

No.

Unless it is very low mileage or from a rare car, they will be taking it for the scrap value of the steel and aluminium in it.

To be honest it is not worth the effort of taking it out of the car. Why do you just want to scrap the engine? Are you planning to stick another engine in the car?

John X

this is already scrap, its out of the car and scrap for the metal only, but i have afew other bits to weigh in too, but im going to have trouble lifting the blooming thing

Ann

i didnt mean for car scrap, i ment the scrap metal guys

Ann

i didnt mean for car scrap, i ment the scrap metal guys

Get them to come and collect it. For what you will get for it, it's not worth doing your back in trying to get it in the car or ripping your seats/damaging your boot in the attempt.

John X

I believe the ref to the oil is that the engine might have to be drained before the scrappers will accept it?.

Regards

Angel.

I took my old 2.5 litre engine to a yard near Attercliffe. They told me it wasn't worth weighing it unless I had a van full, and wouldn't give me anything for it.
That's just because they want it for nothing. Most scrap merchants will take smaller amounts of scrap - hence the wheelie bins used by smackrats to deliver enough scrap to buy their next wrap.

I believe the ref to the oil is that the engine might have to be drained before the scrappers will accept it?.

Not if you actually read what she said, it's not! :rolleyes:

John X

Not if you actually read what she said, it's not! :rolleyes:

John X

hi there, so are you telling me i dont need to get every bit of grease and oil off it.

i dont expect loads of money, but what i get, gets split between my kids, better them get some pennies than just give money anyway these days