Sheffield > Manchester Extra Carriages

For all your commuter people:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/extra_carriages_within_weeks_on_busy_rail_line_1_3876333

East Midlands trains to go from 2-4 carriages on "most" services. Hopefully that will include the rush hour ones! On, and whilst I'm here, when the train pulls into Sheffield, don't stand in front of the door, stand to the side! It's not smart and I will yell at you to move to let people off. You can't get on the train until people are off the train - comprehend? I am far past being polite now - use your noggin. Thank you kindly!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/extra_carriages_within_weeks_on_busy_rail_line_1_3876333

East Midlands trains to go from 2-4 carriages on "most" services. Hopefully that will include the rush hour ones! On, and whilst I'm here, when the train pulls into Sheffield, don't stand in front of the door, stand to the side! It's not smart and I will yell at you to move to let people off. You can't get on the train until people are off the train - comprehend? I am far past being polite now - use your noggin. Thank you kindly!

Has it crossed your mind that they're just standing on the station and when the train stops it just so happens that the door is where people are stood. If the driver was smart he'd bring the train to a halt with the door to the left of those waiting to get on. And don't yell at people, its not nice..

Has it crossed your mind that they're just standing on the station and when the train stops it just so happens that the door is where people are stood. If the driver was smart he'd bring the train to a halt with the door to the left of those waiting to get on. And don't yell at people, its not nice..

Of course it has - however what you can do is then move, it's really simple. The driver can't do that, too many people want to get on. I will yell at stupid people who don't move - it's not nice to block people's exit off the train either (through complete stupidity).

Of course it has - however what you can do is then move, it's really simple. The driver can't do that, too many people want to get on. I will yell at stupid people who don't move - it's not nice to block people's exit off the train either (through complete stupidity).

I was kidding you know ;) Commuting lemmings are desperate for a seat, perhaps the behaviour will cease if there's a better chance of getting one.

I was kidding you know ;) Commuting lemmings are desperate for a seat, perhaps the behaviour will cease if there's a better chance of getting one.

Yeah, sorry - I'm so fed up with it now I don't even see that. :hihi: I might start to just walk into people and see how that goes down.

I'm really pleased about this! I travel to Stockport regularly, and have had to stand on the return journey more than once. I try to book my seat, but its not always possible as I often go at short notice if needed to look after the grandchildren.

As most of the trains go to Manchester Airport, there's usually loads of luggage as well, adding to the 'packed like sardines' feel. :roll:

Yeah, sorry - I'm so fed up with it now I don't even see that. :hihi: I might start to just walk into people and see how that goes down.

That would depend on how slight you are, in London unless your solid it's like human pinball :hihi::hihi:

Agree with Hels1977 about people standing in front of the door - pretty thick!! It's a shame that only East Midlands are getting extra carriages - and I never quite believe these stories anyway as I've been commuting Sheffield to Manchester for 6 years and it's regularly switched from 2 carriages to 4 carriages to 2 carriages... and their trains are horrible - only enough legroom for a 5 year old - and often get delayed.

The Transpennine is much more reliable and the trains are nicer - but the 'half a first class carriage' is really annoying. The only people in it are usually Transpennine employees!

Agree with Hels1977 about people standing in front of the door - pretty thick!! It's a shame that only East Midlands are getting extra carriages - and I never quite believe these stories anyway as I've been commuting Sheffield to Manchester for 6 years and it's regularly switched from 2 carriages to 4 carriages to 2 carriages... and their trains are horrible - only enough legroom for a 5 year old - and often get delayed.

The Transpennine is much more reliable and the trains are nicer - but the 'half a first class carriage' is really annoying. The only people in it are usually Transpennine employees!

Ssssh, we don't want everyone boarding the TPE trains!

Oops! Sorry! Er - they're really smelly though! And, genuinely, full of humungous suitcases and (probably) holidaymakers in very wide sombreros...

East Midlands trains to go from 2-4 carriages on "most" services. Hopefully that will include the rush hour ones!

I cant see them using them on the rush hour trains. After all, that would be an improvement in the service.

However- Northern Rail take note, and get some extra carriages on the Sheffiled- Leeds bag of cak you call a train.

I cant see them using them on the rush hour trains. After all, that would be an improvement in the service.

However- Northern Rail take note, and get some extra carriages on the Sheffiled- Leeds bag of cak you call a train.

http://www.fixmytransport.com/

site seems to be making a lot of headway with complaints being heard and the word being spread asking for more demand.