Anyone grew up in Firth Park in 60s/70s?

Yes you are younger than me, I was born in 1958. But Mrs Swinerd was the dinner lady there for many years before I went and well after I left.

Did you live on Bevercotes ?

on right hand side 3rd shop up from Beevercoats rd? its a wool shop now I know one pigeon whos not there anymore:hihi:there was a pet shop and wigfalls on same side near little man with fruit barrow....

it was a butchers next woolshop then a petshop and a house window waterhouses photoshop then another house the a watch makers goindown on the same side

was a carpetshop then stringers chip shop

next a hardware shop then a butchers then a smallshop we called the creamery

then wigfalls the a barbers then a ladies hairdressers then watch makers a wine shop then kenyons the corner was a chemists across firthpark crecent was pastery shop theh seniers pop shop at the back then roses fruit shop then a gents barbers i think it was the

maypole or somethink like that then a fresh fishshop bank onthe corner

owt els that want to know pigeon

Edited by awoollen

it was a butchers next woolshop then a petshop and a house window waterhouses photoshop then another house the a watch makers goindown on the same side

was a carpetshop then stringers chip shop

next a hardware shop then a butchers then a smallshop we called the creamery

then wigfalls the a barbers then a ladies hairdressers then watch makers a wine shop then kenyons the corner was a chemists across firthpark crecent was pastery shop theh seniers pop shop at the back then roses fruit shop then a gents barbers i think it was the

maypole or somethink like that then a fresh fishshop bank onthe corner

owt els that want to know pigeon

Ah when I get on who wants to be a millionair can I put you down phone a friend?

Ah when I get on who wants to be a millionair can I put you down phone a friend?
you,l be back on the road to nowhere

I lived on Tideswell Rd in the 50's and 60's. My best friend until '63 was Patricia who lived on Horndean Rd. I also remember Elizabeth who had great big long plaits to below her waist who lived on Cammell Road and Valerie, who lived on Hucklow Road in one of the houses with the big 'keyhole' entrances

I lived on Cammell Road from the day I was born in 1953 until about 1975 and remember a girl who lived two doors away called Elizabeth Duckenfield, she had long hair, not sure if its the same girl though

Edited by kidneystone

AWOOLLEN from memory H/w Shop Lawsons. Pastery Brooms. Gent Hair Sykes . Grocery Shentalls . Fish Allan, yorks /Bank trhats from 40/50

AWOOLLEN from memory H/w Shop Lawsons. Pastery Brooms. Gent Hair Sykes . Grocery Shentalls . Fish Allan, yorks /Bank trhats from 40/50

H/w shop Richardsons - it's still there:D

H/w shop Richardsons - it's still there:D

And the best hardware shop still !! (No I don't work there and I'm not related!!)

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 19:24 ----------

I lived on Cammell Road from the day I was born in 1953 until about 1975 and remember a girl who lived two doors away called Elizabeth Duckanfield, she had long hair, not sure if its the name girl though

Hi Kidneystone, Yes its the same girl - Elizabeth Duckenfield. Bet we were in the same class at Hucklow - same age!

hi,just found this fantastic site,have been reading about growing up on the flower estate,and i can recall quite a few of the names mentioned,well i grew up living at firth park,tideswell road to be precise.would love to hear if anyone else has got any memories of the place.

hi i grew up on tideswell at number 17,we had the greyhounds,i went to hucklow and hinde house i left in 76

hi i grew up on tideswell at number 17,we had the greyhounds,i went to hucklow and hinde house i left in 76

hi,you must have lived on the tideswell road,which was on the side that had firth park(brushes school),i lived on the other side of stubbin.not far from the bowling alley,one of my sisters friends lived on the other side she was called kath cutting,don't know if the name rings any bells?i also went to hinde house school.

hi,you must have lived on the tideswell road,which was on the side that had firth park(brushes school),i lived on the other side of stubbin.not far from the bowling alley,one of my sisters friends lived on the other side she was called kath cutting,don't know if the name rings any bells?i also went to hinde house school.

our house backed onto school but i spent a lot of time in bowling alley lol,kath cuttings does ring a bell but not sure which house she lived, was also at hinde house 71/76