Anyone grew up in Firth Park in 60s/70s?

6 hours ago, Padders said:

My 2 daughter's used to play the Clarinet.......

If ever I hear a rendition of Greensleeve's again, I promise to top myself.

I think when I could not master Sugar Plum Fairy it was decided my future did not lay in the stringed section of the school orchestra. Hope your girls mastered the clarinet.Too complicated to me.

I bet Padders is good on the spoons.      🥄 🥄

29 minutes ago, francypants said:

I bet Padders is good on the spoons.      🥄 🥄

I had a guitar + Bert Weedons  (how to play the guitar in a day)

Never mastered it though.

On 06/04/2021 at 18:59, Idsworth456 said:

Yes I recall the pigeons  and there was 3 of us brothers me,Gary & Mark who was the youngest. Gary & Mark emigrated to Canada with our parents in 1972 i stayed behind as I had just started an apprenticeship which I went on to finish.I remember Winston well we used to play football & cricket in Idsworth Road club carpark on the cinders.I now live in Southend  Essex.What is it like up there now.Have not been back in 30 years.

Hi Jane I remember Julie Lawton well she had blonde hair I think and she lived up the road from me.Is or was your surname Beeston?

When I went to work after I stopped dyeing my hair, some of my colleagues made fun of my unprofessional hairstyles when they noticed that my hair was not dyed.

54 minutes ago, gruenack said:

When I went to work after I stopped dyeing my hair, some of my colleagues made fun of my unprofessional hairstyles when they noticed that my hair was not dyed.

Can I ask who you are?  You've referenced hair colour as did Idsworth.

On 16/01/2012 at 10:25, bobbyt64 said:

Hiya meandyou, I lived there from 64 to around 76ish...sold the house to a lovely family and then we all moved to Hillsborough. Even went to Shiregreen Junior and Middle school.

It was a great road to grow up on and I had some fun times on there. Families, like the Rutherfords, Robertsons, Grants, Hancocks, Boolers, Swinerds, Nodders, Holmes and us the Taylors...I still park on there outside the old house when I visit Nat West at Firth Park.

I know Joanne Swinerd, she and I played in the Early Risers Bowling league on Sunday mornings. 

On 22/02/2013 at 00:10, rebus1960 said:

hi i grew up on tideswell at number 17,we had the greyhounds,i went to hucklow and hinde house i left in 76

Did you have a sister called Karen? I remember the Dimberlines somewhere around that number?

On 16/10/2011 at 20:11, palascrubs said:

hi,just found this fantastic site,have been reading about growing up on the flower estate,and i can recall quite a few of the names mentioned,well i grew up living at firth park,tideswell road to be precise.would love to hear if anyone else has got any memories of the place.

Hi lived on Millthorpe rd. I visited shops such as Kenyons toy shop, Allens cycle/motorcycle shop, and shop for mum at Fredericks Pork Shop