Anyone grew up in Firth Park in 60s/70s?

On 05/01/2012 at 23:35, ibbo said:

I lived at 31, I remember a Trevor who lived around the junction of Horninglow and Tideswell, but not too many surnames. Is No.59 about at the junction?

Hi, I lived on Merlin Way from 1963,went to Hucklow Road school then Hinde House. 

8 hours ago, Trish Jackson said:

Hi, I lived on Merlin Way from 1963,went to Hucklow Road school then Hinde House. 

Did you play in the orchestra?

I lived on Merlin Way in the 50s and went to Hucklow Road school for a short while.  We then moved up to Shiregreen ( Oaks Fold Road ) and I went to Woolley Wood School. In 1966 we moved down south.

An aunty and uncle of mine lived on Tideswell Road for many years, their surname was James and they had two sons Michael and Alan.

7 hours ago, francypants said:

I lived on Merlin Way in the 50s and went to Hucklow Road school for a short while.  We then moved up to Shiregreen ( Oaks Fold Road ) and I went to Woolley Wood School. In 1966 we moved down south.

An aunty and uncle of mine lived on Tideswell Road for many years, their surname was James and they had two sons Michael and Alan.

I lived on Tideswell road Francy.  What number did your relatives live at?

17 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I lived on Tideswell road Francy.  What number did your relatives live at?

Hi Jane,  they lived at No 77.

On 07/03/2021 at 00:23, jane2008 said:

Did you play in the orchestra?

I started to play the cello in the school orchestra but not for long.We lived on Idsworth Road next to Stan Cave's shop.Jane 2008 did you play a clarinet I remember a girl called Jane who played it and was very good.

7 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

I lived across road from Cave's aka magreggers lol did you know garry the Canadian lad? 

Gary was one of my younger brothers.My name is Paul Berry.

20 hours ago, Idsworth456 said:

I started to play the cello in the school orchestra but not for long.We lived on Idsworth Road next to Stan Cave's shop.Jane 2008 did you play a clarinet I remember a girl called Jane who played it and was very good.

Yes I did play the clarinet.  I use to be friends with Julie Lawton who lived on Idsworth Road.  

Edited by jane2008

9 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Hi Paul I lived behind Davy the bakers kept pigeons I can remember 3 brothers we knocked around together for a  while as kids.. Winston Robinson as well! 👍Hope ur OK heard you went to Canada? 

Yes I recall the pigeons  and there was 3 of us brothers me,Gary & Mark who was the youngest. Gary & Mark emigrated to Canada with our parents in 1972 i stayed behind as I had just started an apprenticeship which I went on to finish.I remember Winston well we used to play football & cricket in Idsworth Road club carpark on the cinders.I now live in Southend  Essex.What is it like up there now.Have not been back in 30 years.

4 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Yes I did play the clarinet.  I use to be friends with Julie Lawton who lived on Idsworth Road.  

Hi Jane I remember Julie Lawton well she had blonde hair I think and she lived up the road from me.Is or was your surname Beeston?

10 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Well Paul I will be blunt its a shocking place to be honest overrun by Eastern Europeans utube page hall shops I guarantee it will shock you how it's changed was a brilliant place in 70s as you will recall 👍

Not much difference down here.You have catchment areas where they seem to live and you know immediately due to car wrecks sitting around.Sorry state of affairs.

6 hours ago, Idsworth456 said:

Yes I recall the pigeons  and there was 3 of us brothers me,Gary & Mark who was the youngest. Gary & Mark emigrated to Canada with our parents in 1972 i stayed behind as I had just started an apprenticeship which I went on to finish.I remember Winston well we used to play football & cricket in Idsworth Road club carpark on the cinders.I now live in Southend  Essex.What is it like up there now.Have not been back in 30 years.

Hi Jane I remember Julie Lawton well she had blonde hair I think and she lived up the road from me.Is or was your surname Beeston?

No , Beeston wasn't my surname.  

23 hours ago, jane2008 said:

My 2 daughter's used to play the Clarinet.......

If ever I hear a rendition of Greensleeve's again, I promise to top myself.