George Rodgers..

Does the name George Rodgers mean anything to anyone??? He would be in his 60s if he's still alive. He used to work in a hospital and his mothers name was Connie. Hope it rings a bell with someone

Does the name George Rodgers mean anything to anyone??? He would be in his 60s if he's still alive. He used to work in a hospital and his mothers name was Connie. Hope it rings a bell with someone

Hi , I remember a George Rodgers when I and he were children and we both lived at Crookes, Sheffield. I think he was about the same age as me ( I am now 69) but have never seen or heard from him since I moved away with my parents when I was about 12 or 13 !

I have to add that we always called him Georgie Rodgers !!!

I do not know if this is the same guy you are looking for !

Hello 1942Mick, my aunt and uncles always refer to him as Georgie, he used to come to Preston, but whatever reason, everyone lost touch with him. Do you remember the name of his father

Hello 1942Mick, my aunt and uncles always refer to him as Georgie, he used to come to Preston, but whatever reason, everyone lost touch with him. Do you remember the name of his father

Hi Hadyn72, sorry I can't remember his parents names ,I think he had a sister called Sylvier (don't know if that is spelt right) these days I have all on remembering what I had for tea yesterday !

All I can remember is that he used to live in GREENHOW ST,up at the top end that was Crookes and the bottom end was known as being in Walkley .

As I said earlier I moved away to Pitsmoor with my parents when I was about 12 (1954)

I myself would love to see him again !

regards 1942mick

Hi 1942mick and Haydn72 - I cannot be sure that this is the right person, but the births index shows that a George G.A. Rogers (this spelling) was born in Sheffield in Jul-Sep 1941. I was unable to find another George Rodgers/Rogers born in Sheffield between 1939 and 1946. A George G.A. Rogers married a Susan J. Weatherill in Sheffield in 1964. A recent electoral roll shows a George G.A. and Susan J. Rogers at an address in S18 - PM me if you'd like the address..:)

This is unlikely to be the George Rodgers I'm trying to trace, according to the birth record I found on ancestry, he was born 1948.

I think he had a sister called Sylvier .....

All I can remember is that he used to live in GREENHOW ST,up at the top end

Judging by a baptism I found (for Sylvia) I think George W (1943) and Sylvia A (1945) ROGERS were the children of Alfred ROGERS and Nellie BURKINSHAW, of 134 Greenhow Street. The 1945 baptism notes that Alfred was killed in action, but I can't spot him in the CWGC database.

Hugh

That's definately not the George Rodgers I'm looking for, his parents were George and Constance (nee Smith)

Edited by Haydn72

George A RODGERS, son of George H RODGERS and Constance SMITH was born in JUN Quarter 1949.

Hugh

I've now discovered the middle name of George A Rodgers, Arthur. Having ordered his fathers death certificate, George Arthur Rodgers was living at the same address as his father when he passed away in '74.

However 16 Sherrington Road no longer exists

Judging by a baptism I found (for Sylvia) I think George W (1943) and Sylvia A (1945) ROGERS were the children of Alfred ROGERS and Nellie BURKINSHAW, of 134 Greenhow Street. The 1945 baptism notes that Alfred was killed in action, but I can't spot him in the CWGC database.

Hugh

Hi Hugh, this seems to be the George Rogers I have been looking for , I know that the name Burkinshaw was connected to the family but having said that only being a young age then had no idea as to what the connection was !

I would have loved to find where he was now living if indeed he is still alive !

Did he have other brothers and sisters? Remember doing some Genealogy for a gentleman of that name some years back. Sadly the man in question died shortly afterwards.