The time of the year for some great Pike fishing

not been pike fishing on there for a few years, but i know a few anglers that have been for a few days and not had a thing seems they are only interested when your not actually fishing for them lol

It's easy getting Pike to bite at the Flask Liam, put a single or double maggot on a 18, 20 or 22 hook tied to a 2lb hooklength and float fish via the waggler or pole and you'll soon start catching Perch, Roach or skimmers and 10 to 15 minutes later a Pike will attach itself to one of these fish. I've never fished specifically for Pike but at Damflask they seem to like their food fresh.

It's easy getting Pike to bite at the Flask Liam, put a single or double maggot on a 18, 20 or 22 hook tied to a 2lb hooklength and float fish via the waggler or pole and you'll soon start catching Perch, Roach or skimmers and 10 to 15 minutes later a Pike will attach itself to one of these fish. I've never fished specifically for Pike but at Damflask they seem to like their food fresh.

Yep done that a few time lol, Just when you go to target the pike you never actually catch many if any lol

i would love to be allowed to fish a live bait up at the flask!

I heard someone saying recently that Ladybower is allowing anglers to fish for pike during the winter, I bet there's some clonkers in there.

This is true, apparently by season ticket only which is to be £250.

Pike are said to go in the high 30s & the fishing is to be self policed, bailiffs will only be checking for permits.

had a couple of hours spin on canal other day, then had a couple at rivelin. didnt have a knock on eitha

I had a 4lb eel out of the canal a few years back on luncheon meet, this was right by the the old grain house building that has been converted into flats, i was after the carp.