Football Legend George Best has died

I take no delight in George's death.. however casting away my red tinted shades.

The man was a wifebeater and an alcoholic.

Alcoholism is not an illness as many people believe- its self inflicted.

You have to become an alcoholic themselves- it isnt an illness so lets drop all the crap about George being ill shall we.

He beat a woman, time after time, and also if I recall, joked about it on Parkinson I believe.

Is this some kind of legend that people want to remember?

I sure as hell dont.

Yes, he was a genius footballer, and one of the top 5 players who ever lived.

BUT- that was when he was in his 20's... the rest of his life he has wasted by booze and birds.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, and to be honest, if you are really honest with yourselves- most of you were not bothered whether George lived or died as well.

Lets not make him out to be the martyr and tortured soul that he isnt.

I was bothered, and so were plenty of others.

They say half a million people will attend Georges funeral.

I wonder how many will be at yours.....

Originally posted by Guderian

I was bothered, and so were plenty of others.

They say half a million people will attend Georges funeral.

I wonder how many will be at yours.....

I have to ask this-

What made you bothered about George Best apart from being a MU fan which I know you are?

Were you so concerned about his health or him being a alcoholic?

Pray do tell.

ALSO

So thats about 1/2 million hangers on then- who didnt really care about george buy who want to be there because they feel the 'have to' be there.. makes me sick.

Its the 'diana syndrome' all over again- someone big in the public eye dies - and its all grief R'us.

AND

Possibly only a few at my funeral- which I would like- as I wouldnt want the clingers on fighting over their apparent grief at my passing!

I liked the fact they did 1 minute of clapping instead of silence. a nice touch I thought.

The minute silence in the Manchester City-Liverpool game was not so well observed and cut short

Nice to see the City and Liverpool fans showing their respects isnt it.

Both sets of fans are a disgrace.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

I take no delight in George's death.. however casting away my red tinted shades.

You have to become an alcoholic themselves- it isnt an illness so lets drop all the crap about George being ill shall we.

He beat a woman, time after time, and also if I recall, joked about it on Parkinson I believe.

I sure as hell dont.

BUT- that was when he was in his 20's... the rest of his life he has wasted by booze and birds.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, and to be honest, if you are really honest with yourselves- most of you were not bothered whether George lived or died as well.

even though your right, no doubt your fighting a losing battle because when a public figure dies everyone suddenly changes there opinion as not to upset. Wether someone is dead or alive my views wont change.

George best upto about 26yrs old.. legend.. after 26.. complete waste of space and if he did brag about beating women (i didnt know that) then i dont know how anyone can be sympathetic.

I'm sympahtetic for his dad for seeing his son die before him (something a father should never have to go through) and the rest of his family.

We did a minutes Clapping for Bestie at the Leicester game, today,

I think it was a nice touch, a celebration of the great Georgie, rather than a sombre thing, which, as respectful as "silences" can be, are often too sad. (and not a reflection of the spirit of the person being remembered)

PT

I sure as hell dont.

fully agree with the content of this post.

my sympathy & commiserations are however with his family who must suffer the pain of loss & the finality of death. my minutes silence was for them

I wasn't.

I'm constantly suprised how people can mourn a celebrity they have never met but can turn a blind eye to the suffereing (mostly not self-inflicted) of millions of other people they have never met.

How many other people do you think died on the same day as Mr Best through no fault of their own ?