Would you trust your local councillors?

Do you trust your local councillors?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust your local councillors?

• Yes
    • No

Difficult to tell, i knew one councillor who really did care and was doing it for the right reasons.Some use it as a step up to becoming an mp.He was an independent so wasnt tied to any party,possibly the most trustworthy ones.

All left wing councilors are corrupt!

Whereas elected BNP representatives have all been a model of probity. Will you be testifying in court against Griffin?

Whereas elected BNP representatives have all been a model of probity. Will you be testifying in court against Griffin?

I resigned from the BNP one week after the Elections in May! But since the party owes me some money, I will cofirm for all to see that what you watched on Panorama on Monday was all true, sadly Panorama missed out alot of the BNP conference where the team was questioned about certain producers who are involved with the BBC are convicted murderers! One is in court this month for torturing in front of his kids, John Raven they call him.

I do. I have my councillors phone numbers, I tweet them and FB message them. Its a high tech arrangement but works fabulously.

If I see something that needs attention straight away I can take a picture and tweet it to my councillors who them pass it straight to those who need to take action.

I really can't grumble as my councillors are always happy to help and get stuck in, if they can't help directly they make sure I get to the people who can help.

I wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw my own leg.

Having recently spoke to a councillor about a possible abuse of power by the local council office he then took it upon himself to inform social services about a 'concern' that had no relation to any facts and cause a family i am helping 10 times more grief than was needed.

Even though the ss agreed the 'concern' was baseless this councillor is not repentant in the least. He claims it was 'his duty' and yet the abuse of power at the council office still goes on (not his duty to sort that out tho?!?!?)

Councillors for the most part are snide, greedy pigs who dont give a fig about the average person just as long as they are ok.

say for example there are several problems in your neighbourhood which your cllr's have the powers to make changes and take action to address these issues, would you trust them?

No, never have and never will. Councillors all talk a good game when they want our vote ,but much the same as politicians , once elected they do NOTHING they promised to do when they were chasing your vote.

All hot air ,spin and lies .

No, never have and never will. Councillors all talk a good game when they want our vote ,but much the same as politicians , once elected they do NOTHING they promised to do when they were chasing your vote.

All hot air ,spin and lies .

My bold.

Most definatly!!!!!!

My bold.

Most definatly!!!!!!

The only time a councillor takes any interest in his/her ward is when its campaigning time for a local election. And they will promise you the earth to gain your tick on the voting paper. Once they have their feet firmly under the big table in the town hall you wont see them for dust ............. until its election time again.

In Central Ward I get 3-4 leaflets a year from the Greens and one from Labour if I'm lucky. The only Labour leaflet I've had this year was from the MP who neglected to mention his serious illness. Even at elections Labour don't bother me too much. The two Greens seem to do a bit but I wouldn't know much about the Labour councillor. Jillian Creasey has a good reputation as a ward councillor for doing things locally.

Rob Murphy's the other Green councillor in Central. The Greens are at least there because they're active in the local community.

Its speaks volumes this poll and is no doubt replicated all over the UK, which incidently voted against AV recently.

The irony.

Its speaks volumes this poll and is no doubt replicated all over the UK, which incidently voted against AV recently.
What's that got to do with the price of jam?