Weight training advice, Please.

Are there any weight trainers on here who can give me any tips or advice not just weight lifting but diet aswell? Iv'e been going to the gym for a few month now, and want to get into it seriously, However too many people are telling me too many different things, Also please dont reply if your not into weight training, no offence but I want advice of people who have been doing it a few years and know what there on about. Also I dont want to touch any steroids or any funny stuff, Im after building muscle not water :hihi:

You're thinking of Creatine not steroids which causes the body to retain water. Most big body-builders take it at some point in their lives although I've found that, although it makes you bigger, it makes you bulky and counteracts definition which isn't good.

As for proper advice, go to a body-building forum rather than here. You'll be certain to find all the info you need there

Creatine doesnt cause water retention half as much as high doses of steroids!!:loopy: Actually anywhere near as much water retention!

Creatine doesnt cause water retention half as much as high doses of steroids!!:loopy: Actually anywhere near as much water retention!

I'll take your word for it - never taken them

Get yourself Fitness for Life book by Matt Roberts..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0751338664/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&qid=1318599468&sr=8-6&condition=used

Its only £2.80 used off Amazon. It explains everything you need to know in easy to understand term and has loads of different fitness plans and weights routines.. I have been using it for years...

6 Meals a day, balanced, aim for 10g fat, 60-70g carbs and 20g+ protein per meal. The amounts of each change with your body weight, fat always 10g though. Protein has the biggest possible change.

Aim for 5 days training a week and split them into different muscle groups to ensure you work hard enough on each area.

4 exercises per muscle group for 4 sets each.

aim for 8-10 reps in each set.

The schedule I aim for is..

Monday - Chest

Tuesday - Back

Wednesday - Legs

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Arms

Saturday - Shoulders

Sunday - Rest

And try to incorporate an abs workout in there somewhere, I tend to try abs classes twice a week as they're pretty damn good.

Take this as you like. I work as a fitness instructor but some people might disagree with me! *Shrugs*

It doesnt matter which body builders you talk to you will get varying advice from them all and different things work for different people.

What you need to do is work out what you want from it and tailor your workout and diet to what works for you.

Being big doesnt mean strong or fit but being big is what some want,others want strong or fit not big its for you to decide.

If the mind is weak the body will be too.

Differnt numbers of reps with different weights will produce different results the right amounts for you is something only you can judge.Low weight high reps will gain stamina,high weights low reps will gain strenth and size.

If gaining weight eat whatever you can eat what ever it is to the point where you cant eat any more,at some point you will need to fine tune that but in early days it doesnt matter so long as somethings going in almost constantly.

Whatever you do a weak mind will get you nowhere and remember the bit that matters is going further than the point you really cant do any more,its at that point the men are sorted from the boys.

You're thinking of Creatine not steroids which causes the body to retain water. Most big body-builders take it at some point in their lives although I've found that, although it makes you bigger, it makes you bulky and counteracts definition which isn't good.

As for proper advice, go to a body-building forum rather than here. You'll be certain to find all the info you need there

This is the best advice I could give

Have you been down to quirkes gym in wincobank before? It's a great gym for people who are serious about bodybuilding! The legendary Zack khan use to train there, plus the owner was a former bodybuilder whom im sure will be willing to give you some helpful hints and tips if you ask.

Thanks for all the replies so far....

M ick at quirkies is the man to see. used to go years ago and always there for advice

Have you been down to quirkes gym in wincobank before? It's a great gym for people who are serious about bodybuilding! The legendary Zack khan use to train there, plus the owner was a former bodybuilder whom im sure will be willing to give you some helpful hints and tips if you ask.