What is like Chapeltown like to live in?

We have just seen a lovely little house in Chapeltown we liked and were wondering what the area is like to live in?

i used to live in chapletown for 7 years, (bevan way), we loved it,

everyone is very friendly and its close to everything you could possibly need in regards to shops and bus routes, motorway access ect, we never got bothered once, never burgled or anything.

i would do anything to have my house back there, had to move for personal reasons.

go for it! you will love it.

I lived there for the best part of a decade from '92 and tend to agree with what angels_fall says. Like most places there are one or two idiots but generally its a detent little community.

thank you both for your replies We will deffo go have a look at the house and most likely buy it I am willing to look at properties outside Sheffield such as Barnsley and Rotherham but my boyfriend would prefer to be in Sheffield

thank you both for your replies We will deffo go have a look at the house and most likely buy it I am willing to look at properties outside Sheffield such as Barnsley and Rotherham but my boyfriend would prefer to be in Sheffield
I moved to Rotherham from Chapeltown when I got divorced, purely because I could get a lot more for my money.

I live in Chap, and it's great, few idiots about here and there, but there is anywhere you go. everything you want is on your doorstep. where abouts in chap are you looking??

Before moving to the Isle of Wight I lived in Chapeltown (estate opposite the Commercial Pub) for over 10 years and absolutely loved it. Like others have said there is everything you need there and so easy to get to motorways. I'd go back and live there any day.

Good luck with your house hunting.

Chapeltown is lovely, most of the S35 area is really.

Like others have said, you have more or less everything you need on your doorstep, Post Office, Banks, Asda, Pubs, Card Shops, Take aways, Market, Train Station, Beauty salons/hair dressers, swimming baths etc. There are some really lovely schools to choose from too (if you have or are thinking about kids!). Perfect access to the motorway or if you don't drive, excellent public transport connections.

I would go and take a look at the house and have a little wonder around the area, see what you think.

I live in Chap, and it's great, few idiots about here and there, but there is anywhere you go. everything you want is on your doorstep. where abouts in chap are you looking??

I will have to take another look

and get back to you as I cannot

remember the road

We lived there back in the mid to late 1970s, to be honest I don't remember a lot of it as I was only 2 when we left, but it's not too bad an area, and I do remember I used to love going shopping at the ASDA up there.

Its a little remote but certainly knocks Stocksbridge into a hat;its a mix of Sheffield and Barnsley,but lacks cultural and ethnic diversity.

Its a little remote but certainly knocks Stocksbridge into a hat;its a mix of Sheffield and Barnsley,but lacks cultural and ethnic diversity.

There is NOWHERE on this planet like Stocksbridge .:hihi: