What do I do with miso paste?

I've read that miso is really good for you so went out and bought some paste.

The trouble is the lady in the chinese supermarket said 'you just drink it' (it doesn't look like you just drink it, its solid!)

I asked about making soup or how long it lasted after being opening but she didin't know.

Does any one know any receips or have info on what to do woth my tub of miso brown paste?

There isn't any english on the labelling either.

Thanks

Put a spoonful or two in a mug. Pour on boiling water and drink.

^^ as above...

We have it in dried form... like a powder... and you just treat it as a cup a soup kind of thing...

We used some pak choi from the garden and some tofu to make ours a little more substantial :)

Enjoy!

Mix a spoonful with hot water to make a good stock for soups - great for cooking noodles in.

Fry a sliced spring onion or two, some fresh ginger, garlic and a fresh chilli in a wok for a few minutes.

Add miso stock.

Add a sheet of egg noodles. Allow to cook for a few mins

Season to taste with shoyu soy sauce.

Oh and it will keep for ages in the fridge - it should have a Best Before date of a few weeks on it.

It is a living ferment so will develop in flavour as it matures and may develop white deposits on the surface - these are natural but if you see any mould then it has gone too far, so chuck it out.