Living in Sheffield S8 or S9

Darnall is not a safe area to live in, white people are afraid to take to the streets of Darnall as they may be targetted by numerous Asian gangs!
Total crap infact it was a asian group of lads that stopped a white lad attacking a young white lass few months ago.

Ive lived here about 30 year never had any bother.

ive lived on S8 all my life and its turned in to a right dump armed robberys street robberys ect im thinking of moving off wen i first moved on here it was very nice area polite people now theres all thugs and u know the rest....

Yeah no gangs in Meersbrook.. Some really naughty and annoying teenagers, yes, but no gangs.

I spent nearly 7 years in Meersbrook it is beautiful. I can highly reccomend it.

S9 isn't the best area to live, but its not the worst either. Travelling between S8 and S9 wouldn't be ideal either. The transport links to your office might vary considerably depending on which bit of S9 its in.

Britishproud -

Unfortunately I kind of agree - I can remember 22 years ago my friend and I went to visit her gran in Darnall - we were chased and literally "stoned" by a group of asian kids - we daren't even leave her bungalow because we could see them gathering at the end of the street. We took the other exit from the street and literally ran for our lives to the bus stop, luckily they didn't spot us until we were boarding the bus. We both had injuries to arms, legs and torso.

We did NOTHING to incite this attack, just stepped off a bus and walked down the main road.

That was all those years ago and I'll never forget the fear. To be honest, I wouldn't fancy walking down the street there now even though I'm an adult with courage! never mind a scrawny kid with none.

We visited the spiritualist church last summer - again the gates and doors had to be locked and bolted as there was another group causing trouble, trying to get in the premises. This spoilt what was meant to be an interesting evening for my friend and I.

I won't go back, ever.

Welcome to Sheffield, I hope you'll be very happy here.

Here's my two penneth: I would recommend S8 out of the two. I lived at Woodseats (Sheffield 8 ) for several years and although I prefer where I live now (S35), it's not a bad area at all. I've really not heard many good accounts of S9. I've never lived there but as the old saying goes, 'there's no smoke without fire'.

Edited by BettyBooHoo!

Darnall is not a safe area to live in, white people are afraid to take to the streets of Darnall as they may be targetted by numerous Asian gangs!

The op should be alright then if what you say is true as he is indian so won't be mistaken for a white person. :roll:

S9 isn't the best area to live, but its not the worst either. Travelling between S8 and S9 wouldn't be ideal either. The transport links to your office might vary considerably depending on which bit of S9 its in.

I agree, I certainly wouldn't want to live there but some people obviously like it otherwise they wouldn't be there. Horses for courses I guess.:)

The op should be alright then if what you say is true as he is indian so won't be mistaken for a white person. :roll:

in Darnall he does not want to be recognised as an Indian either

I spent nearly 7 years in Meersbrook it is beautiful. I can highly reccomend it.

I really enjoy living here :)

Great mix of people and types of families. Its really nice and a lot of folks on my road have been here for at least 15+ yrs or more.

Great mix of people and types of families. Its really nice and a lot of folks on my road have been here for at least 15+ yrs or more.

:hihi::hihi:;)

I really liked the fact that it was so friendly & had lovely local amenities. We were the only student house on the street. It was mainly full of young families and older people I kinda miss it..