Living in Sheffield S8 or S9

Hi guys

I am shortly moving to Sheffield with my family from India. My office is located at S9, can any one tell me the best places to stay. How is the S9 Area?

which is the best S9 or S8. I am looking for a safe place. I choose to stay in a place, where there are not many students, and there should not be gang problem s etc.... kindly guide.

Namaste pradeep.

the districts S9 and S8 are not on the same side of town. they are a good 3 or more miles apart.

Sheffield is a University city, so you will find students dotted around. They tend to be concentrated in S11/ S10/ S7, mainly.

Thanks plain talker. S8/S9 i heard they have some gang problems. However i was not sure though, so kind of confused and wanted to confirm the same. Can you also suggest some more good areas in and around sheffield?

The S9 area covers Darnall, which has a large Asian community. It also covers the Attercliffe and Meadowhall area up to Wincobank. It is not one of the nicer areas of Sheffield.

S8 is Heeley, Woodseats, Norton, Lowedges and Jordanthorpe/Batemoor. I live in Norton, and it is a lovely area. Jordanthorpe and Batemoor are not so nice.

S9 is on the other side of town to S8, as Plain Talker said, so there is quite a difference.

Yeah no gangs in Meersbrook.. Some really naughty and annoying teenagers, yes, but no gangs.

OK thanks for your valuable comments guys. LodgeMoore and ranmoore , tetley, crosspool also seem to be , great places to stay. Are there tram services from these locations to S9? because my office falls in S9.

There is no trams near Totley, Lodge Moor, Ranmoor or Crosspool.

They are close by to S6, Walkley and Crookes, but they are quite heavily populated student areas.

Well, i think most of the places in Sheffield are populated by students, however do you know if there are any place where i find more of families than students?? and since sheffield is well connected by trams n buses i can catch them to reach my office. Your comments please.

I went to School in Norton from 1987 to 1992, couldn't wait to get out of the place on the last day.

What area of S9 pradeep. It covers quite a large area. I live in Wincobank S9 on a lovely quiet private road which I cant recommend highly enough. It all depends what type of property you are looking for though because your not going to get a 6 bed mansion here but there are plenty of 3 bed family homes.

What area of S9 pradeep. It covers quite a large area. I live in Wincobank S9 on a lovely quiet private road which I cant recommend highly enough. It all depends what type of property you are looking for though because your not going to get a 6 bed mansion here but there are plenty of 3 bed family homes.

yeah, there are nice bits and bad bits in every postcode, you;ve just got to look aroud and se for yourslf

OK thanks for your valuable comments guys. LodgeMoore and ranmoore , tetley, crosspool also seem to be , great places to stay. Are there tram services from these locations to S9? because my office falls in S9.

Yes go there, you'll be very very welcome there I'm sure. Also try Dore and Stannington.