Any Good Networking Events in South Yorkshire

Id like to introduce my company Pure Creations UK to local business as im based in South Yorkshire and was wondering if anyone knew any Networking events local that are worth attending.

Thanks in advance,

David

There's one called Network Hub in Sheffield. I've not been before but I'm thinking about going to the next one which is at the beginning of November. Search for it on Linkedin for more info.

Be sure to attend next years MADE Festival if you didn't attend the one last month. I went and thought it was absolutely fantastic!

There's one called Network Hub in Sheffield. I've not been before but I'm thinking about going to the next one which is at the beginning of November. Search for it on Linkedin for more info.

Network Hub is a good one, also iNetworking in Rotherham.

Also check out "The Firm Networking", they have groups in Sheffield, Rotherham and Chesterfield. Great little set up and it's no commitment also, turn up when you want.

Network Hub is a good one, also iNetworking in Rotherham.

Also check out "The Firm Networking", they have groups in Sheffield, Rotherham and Chesterfield. Great little set up and it's no commitment also, turn up when you want.

I went to my first "Firm" event this morning. A great mix of people.

What kind of people went? As in what kind of line of business were they in? I want to network but obviously networking is all about benefits, otherwise people wouldn't do it. I know that 99% of people that take payments by card, I could save them money... but I get the feeling that these types of businesses aren't represented at networking events.

And, I'm not sure how/if I could help other people out apart from this... which I guess isn't the point of networking?

Yeah things are going to get better this year also with all kinds of different types, such as lunchtime groups etc....

My wife is now running the Rotherham group at the sidings and also a new venue which is to be announced soon!

What kind of people went? As in what kind of line of business were they in? I want to network but obviously networking is all about benefits, otherwise people wouldn't do it. I know that 99% of people that take payments by card, I could save them money... but I get the feeling that these types of businesses aren't represented at networking events.

And, I'm not sure how/if I could help other people out apart from this... which I guess isn't the point of networking?

Loads of different types of people mate. We go.... We use cards (well paypal), but I do need to speak to you as I have sorted out my little problem that we discussed a few months ago.

There are advertisers, accountants, leaflet distibution, graphic designers, restaurants, gas and leccy people, personal trainers, beauty and well being, security....... all kinds of people.

Quite a few I would say would need card payments........ Again though, the whole point of networking is being put in contact with the people that you can help, so although the people there may not always be relevant to you, once you have their trust and the relationship is there, that is when you will get the useful leads.

I attend a couple, I goto trades unite held fortnightly and have recently joined a new lunchtime group on a friday(one profession only,which is still accepting new members), i have found that there are plenty of networking groups out there, too many are now more of a social gathering than a business meeting, when everybodys ultimate goal is to generate more business.If you spread yourself too thin over many different groups then you will find it easier to put yourself in the shop window but it will be much harder to receive referrals,because they take a lot of time and commitment and people trade with people. Also many groups now have an anybody can come policy which dilutes your true potential to get proper referrals, which can sometimes cause two identical business types sitting opposite each other trying to pitch their services, which if somebody has a genuine referral who do they give it to? you have to have the mindset that it could be 6 -12 months before you start to see any business coming back to you. it is a long term plan not just to turn up and expect everybody come running to you.

Yeah things are going to get better this year also with all kinds of different types, such as lunchtime groups etc....

My wife is now running the Rotherham group at the sidings and also a new venue which is to be announced soon!

Ah, Signore Fenn mentioned this :-) Sounds good

Hi when is the group at the sidings?

Loads of different types of people mate. We go.... We use cards (well paypal), but I do need to speak to you as I have sorted out my little problem that we discussed a few months ago.

There are advertisers, accountants, leaflet distibution, graphic designers, restaurants, gas and leccy people, personal trainers, beauty and well being, security....... all kinds of people.

Quite a few I would say would need card payments........ Again though, the whole point of networking is being put in contact with the people that you can help, so although the people there may not always be relevant to you, once you have their trust and the relationship is there, that is when you will get the useful leads.

Okay, that's great. I guess I have nothing to lose by going to some of these networking events any way!

Whenever you're ready to ditch Paypal, let me know! Which networking events do you attend?