Anyone here go to Darnall Church school ?

Hi I went to darnall church school prob from 1959 to 1965 remember some of teachers miss llewelyn mrs hindle mr smart happy days. going to carnellis on station road could buy loads of wseets for 1d I think memory plays tricks on you as you get older,remember school sports days in high hazels park,in same class as twins susan and christine skelton spent our dinner times on playground on surrey road remember albert who worked there,wow the memories start flooding back,going in goughs in high hazels park buying drinks for 2d.anyone from my class out there .I was janet wild then

Yes it's a small world, there was a man called Mick Greyson that we exchanged with. At the school reunion a couple of years ago the last teacher alive mister Dore gave me some school photos if you give me your email I can send you them.

Sent you my e.mail address and so looking forward to seeing the photos Thanks Susan

Hi I went to darnall church school prob from 1959 to 1965 remember some of teachers miss llewelyn mrs hindle mr smart happy days. going to carnellis on station road could buy loads of wseets for 1d I think memory plays tricks on you as you get older,remember school sports days in high hazels park,in same class as twins susan and christine skelton spent our dinner times on playground on surrey road remember albert who worked there,wow the memories start flooding back,going in goughs in high hazels park buying drinks for 2d.anyone from my class out there .I was janet wild then

Hi Janet I vaguely remember the names Susan and Christine Skelton , but I would have left to go to the Waltheof by then . Yes this thread brings back some happy memories , and I remember Miss Llewelyn . I too loved going in Goughs , it always had a lovely smell to the shop with all the sweets and drinks :)

Sent you my e.mail address and so looking forward to seeing the photos Thanks Susan

Susan I'm new to all this so I hope you get the photos, I've also got one of the goughs gang outside the shop if I can find it.I,m now trying to remember if Gladstone street was the bottom blank end street because I can remember a few people on there.

Susan I'm new to all this so I hope you get the photos, I've also got one of the goughs gang outside the shop if I can find it.I,m now trying to remember if Gladstone street was the bottom blank end street because I can remember a few people on there.

Hi Terry ours was the 2nd Street up handsworth Hill , the one with the little corner shop at the bottom . Can't remember who owned it now , memory is rubbish . The bottom street had bentalls dentist at the bottom of it and I remember some horrible times in there yuk ! It could have been called Beighton St ?? Do you know the Wraggs who lived at the bottom of our street. Ian used to go to Darnall Church and he was a year older than me

Forgot to say my two grand kids go to school on hollingsend rd

Hi Terry ours was the 2nd Street up handsworth Hill , the one with the little corner shop at the bottom . Can't remember who owned it now , memory is rubbish . The bottom street had bentalls dentist at the bottom of it and I remember some horrible times in there yuk ! It could have been called Beighton St ?? Do you know the Wraggs who lived at the bottom of our street. Ian used to go to Darnall Church and he was a year older than me

your reading my thoughts, I was going to ask you if you knew John Wragg he had two sisters one died young , and yes it was Beigton street. Another lad that lived on there and went to our school was Derick Whitfield he was a couple of years younger than me.The shops I can remember that were near to you were axups fishmongers, King coal , and Stevensons at the bottom of Ross street.I like you had some bad times at dentist or was it a butcher lol

Forgot to say my two grand kids go to school on hollingsend rd

did you get the photos Susan ?

did you get the photos Susan ?

Hi Terry no I'm afraid I didn't get the photos , must have got lost somewhere :(

Hi Janet just read this post and yes I remember you I was Wendy Wiseman x

well that's a name from the past remember sharing desks skipping school dinner and going round to your house do you still live in area

Yes they were the good old days Im now living at Woodthorpe. How are you?