Lets put Islam and the west's relationship into some real context.

Like I said, in a few hundred years people won't care about what Islam does/did.
They won't dare or they'll be charged with Balsphemy as they are today in all islamic controled states

Did we invade Spain and France ?
We fought both and others.

Didn't they teach you history at school?

If everyone's calling their solicitor so am I. Perhaps we can get a group discount.
What do you call your solicitor?

I have never used these terms, Who is using them?.
Well if the term Islamphobia is acceptable so is Weternerphobia/Israeliaphobia that is dished out by the likes of CXC3000.

We fought both and others.

Didn't they teach you history at school?

When Murphy Jnr was refering to the British Empire ("the British Empire dominated one quarter of the world") I think he was refering to the Victorian era, not the Elizabethan one.

When Murphy Jnr was refering to the British Empire ("the British Empire dominated one quarter of the world") I think he was refering to the Victorian era, not the Elizabethan one.

We only started to build the Empire in the time of Elizabeth I it reached it's height in late Victorian times, a time span of 300+ yerars.

We only started to build the Empire in the time of Elizabeth I it reached it's height in late Victorian times, a time span of 300+ yerars.

yeah, i know, and we did all that to ensure we didn't get invaded, not to get money/comodities and spread the "English way of life" ?

What to this:-

You should open your eyes.

It was a joke! :D

'Open your eyes' is an often used reply given by people obsessed with the 'Oh my god the Muslamics are taking over' conspiracy to anyone who won't take their delusions seriously.

John X

How many hundreds of years ago was the inquisition?

Probably another five or six, seeing as it took christianity 1,900 years, I don't see any reason why any other religion wouldn't require a similar time frame for modernisation.

Well if the term Islamphobia is acceptable so is Weternerphobia/Israeliaphobia

When did these become religions?

Sorry I went for dinner :)

When we started building the empire isn't important, the fact is we did and regardless of what our motives were we still saw fit to go where we wanted and take it as our own. If a legitimate motive is all it needs then the Muslim's are well within their rights to try likewise.

There aren't many Church faiths that at some point in their history haven't been responsible for death and torture, rape and murder and even recently child molestation has been headline news.

You're right, it's not important anymore, it was ages ago.

In a few hundred years people won't care about what Islam does now.

Catholicism, and Christianity in general are designed to adapt, and mould themselves to situations. The founder of the religion, St Paul, was a shrewd negotiator who entwined the religion with the ruling power, Rome, so completely that the religion became the dominant feature.

Mohammed did the same 600 years later, but relied on force and not manipulation, with his religion.

His decendants decided that rigid enforcement was better than evolution, and the religion became jammed in the 7th century.

It is stuck there and can never change, in its present form.

Christianity and Capitalism are as one, as both have evolved together.

Islam can never compete, as it cannot change to suit circumstances.

It is a dinosaur that will not die, and its thrashing death throes are destroying all about it.

The same is true of Capitalism, but far from dying, Capitalism is undergoing a rebirth, from which will emerge a stronger more egalitarian system.

We would all be living under the tyranny of brainwashed fanatics and intransigient zealots if it weren't for the ceaseless efforts of a different group of brainwashed fanatics and intransigient zealots to keep us informed of how self righteous and ignorant the first lot are.

I must admit, I get them confused sometimes!