Lets put Islam and the west's relationship into some real context.

Plenty? Oh, please Conrod, let's get real:- these eejits supposedly rampaging are a small minority (Thank God) and don't actually represent mainstream Muslim views.
Ah yes, that would be the mainstream Muslim majority that does so much to disown those extremists? The mainstream Muslim community that has been polled showing a majority expressing support on principle to any Muslim nation at war with the UK?

Ah yes, that would be the mainstream Muslim majority that does so much to disown those extremists? The mainstream Muslim community that has been polled showing a majority expressing support on principle to any Muslim nation at war with the UK?

What gets me is how it's possible to defend Islam, no religion is perfect. Islam however is utterly disgusting from back to front. Yet our so called great and good ignore it's hate and defend it's rights to abuse and lie and cheat. Insanity.

it's offensive to all Muslims..

It's offensive to a lot of Muslims. I, myself, consider it to be the ranting of the foolish but I don't claim to be offended except, maybe, as a member of the human race and having to put up with such people in the same evolutionary group.

Now we know the modern humans hooked up with Neanderthals, I can always claim such people occupy a lesser step on the ladder of evolution.

Indeed, the Muslim terrorists are a subset of the Muslim population in the UK, just as the EDL are a subset of white Brits in the UK. I remember the IRA's UK campaign, and many of its activities in the Province in great detail for a variety of reasons.

You've still not answered the question though: Which is the greater evil - being a drunken thug chanting offensive slogans, or being a sober extremist blowing people up?

The latter, clearly. It needs to said though, that the offensive sloganeering and boozed up thuggishness can lead onwards to the bombing and murdering if it goes unchallenged.

Best to link to that poll in case someone suggests you're a liar.

Why do people always say that other muslims who have no connection to the extremists have to disown them? When the Oklahoma bombing occurred, I don't remember you making a statement that you disown the bomber, and neither do I remember you making a statement when the IRA were bombing. So why should the common mulism man and woman have to make a statement condemning the extremists.

The common Muslim supports Islamic jihad, by being a Muslim. The Islamic faith demands it, otherwise they are not Muslims.

The latter, clearly. It needs to said though, that the offensive sloganeering and boozed up thuggishness can lead onwards to the bombing and murdering if it goes unchallenged.

Goes unanswered you mean.

There were plenty, call me a liar if it makes you feel better :)

Why do people always say that other muslims who have no connection to the extremists have to disown them? When the Oklahoma bombing occurred, I don't remember you making a statement that you disown the bomber, and neither do I remember you making a statement when the IRA were bombing. So why should the common mulism man and woman have to make a statement condemning the extremists.
Neither Timothy McVeigh nor Irish terrorists were my neighbours or relatives. It's hard to disown somebody you've never met.

The Muslim community doesn't take action against the extremists because a high proportion of them support the extremism, which we both know all too well. Worse, their families and friends do not report them. They support them.

As for making statements when the IRA were bombing – what a silly comment - was SF up and running in the 80s and 90s for me to post on at the time? If it was, I would have commented.

Here you go:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/23/uk.religion

Interesting reading I'm sure you'll agree.

It also demonstrates that so called "Islamophobia" is less of a problem than Muslim attitudes towards non-Muslims.

The common Muslim supports Islamic jihad, by being a Muslim. The Islamic faith demands it, otherwise they are not Muslims.

Go away, and learn what Jihad actually is, and then come back and comment.

Neither Timothy McVeigh nor Irish terrorists were my neighbours or relatives. It's hard to disown somebody you've never met.

But your average Muslim in the street must know who they are?

The Muslim community doesn't take action against the extremists because a high proportion of them support the extremism, which we both know all too well. Worse, their families and friends do not report them. They support them.

Same could be said for the Irish/Catholic community in the 70/80s