Lets put Islam and the west's relationship into some real context.

I dont know about John, but I believe religion will never end.

I dont mean organised churches and faith etc, but religion in ones soul.

While ever we have imagination, and understand what we are looking at, then a persons belief in God is strengthened.

The more we learn, the less we know is a true saying.

By belief in God, I do not mean some caring being who looks after you day to day.

I mean a massive force and controlling power that pulled all the Universe together in the first place.

These vast unimaginable forces are not controlled by mere accident.

For you to make such a statement would suggest you are a "God". What evidence do you have to discount "mere accident"?

What is this "massive force of controlling power" you suggest?

No, they are controlled by a set of rules, some of which we understand and many of which we don't.

But we know more every day.

John X

when you say "rules' don't you mean morality?

There is no Good, there is no Bad;

 these be the whims of mortal will:

What works me weal that call I ‘good,’

 what harms and hurts I hold as ‘ill:’

They change with place, they shift with race;

 and, in the veriest span of Time,

Each Vice has worn a Virtue’s crown;

 all Good was banned as Sin or Crime:

Examples, please. I already gave the reason why Jews are historically associated with money lending.

google hollywood:hihi:

As a Jew i find the term jewish mafia insulting.

probably your middle class angst:)

in the 70's I lived among what was left of the mashadi jewish community in Mashad in eastern iran , where it was common knowledge and accepted among christians and muslims ,that the mashdis culture and faith was to stick together in business everybody seemed to get on ok..........

that is untill the islamic revolution:o

Edited by esme
quote tags

Here's some real context for you.

"Al Azhar suspended interfaith talks with the Vatican earlier this year after Pope Benedict called for greater protections for Egypt's minority Christians."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/benetton_pulls_ad_showing_pope_kissing_imam

Can't believe the pope kissed a man............

thought he only went for boys. :hihi:

I think we should look at the wider picture. All humans are precious and its good to have variation in societies. If you look at the garden there are loads of varieties in plants, flowers and the whole nature is different. Hence by looking or having one kind of flower or plant will be very boring. All humans are equal and all should be respected regardless of faith, colour, gender etc.

It is time to review the negative attitudes towards a specific group. Hence by studying history and travelling abroad; can have a positive impact and influence on our thoughts and attitudes.

Edited by icekhan
correction

I think we should look at the wider picture. All humans are precious and its good to have variation in societies. If you look at the garden there are loads of varieties in plants, flowers and the whole nature is different. Hence by looking or having one kind of flower or plant will be very boring. All humans are equal and all should be respected regardless of faith, colour, gender etc.

It is time to review the negative attitudes towards a specific group. Hence by studying history and travelling abroad; can have a positive impact and influence on our thoughts and attitudes.

finally some common sense

This is a beautiful vision, using plants and nature to represent us murky humans... Marred by the fact that, when you introduce a plant from another land into a garden, it sometimes kills the natives:o

it sometimes kills the natives:o

oh you mean like humans have done over all time?

all different "types" of humans

Yeah but the weeds will try and outgrow everything else

Is it true that a quarter of the worlds population are Muslim? Is it also true that two thirds of terrorist acts around the world are committed by *******?