Lets put Islam and the west's relationship into some real context.

So they still hold the inquisition do they.

The major thing you're missing is that the RC church no longer has political power whereas in many countries Islam overules the law of the land and can and does overturn civil/criminal judgements, a mulsim court can and does sentnce people to death and other forms of disgusting punishments.

BTW how are you on wife beating, does the RC church condone that?

You're kidding...right?

The Catholic Church has no power? How many catholic countries have abortion, for example? Also, could you name the Islamic countries where Islam overules the law of the land. The problem with you Islamophobes is that you generalise but rarely give specifics. As for specific examples of countries that sentence people to death I can think of the USA, China, Zimbabwe, India and Belarus. Could you let us know know how many of them are Islamic?
Islamic courts can and do overule civil courts in Pakistan.

Those countries you've mentioned do they sentence people to death for:-

Adultry

Homsexuality

Blasphemy

Women for being educated

Leaving the RC church as happens to muslims who leave islam.

The death sentence in most of the countries you've mentioned have nothing to do with religion but are usualy for capital offences etc.

You're kidding...right?

I see the sieve is in operation again! :hihi:

John X

You're kidding...right?

The sad thing is he isn't. He just posts what comes into his head without checking his facts. I meant to add to my post that abortion is extremely limited in Northern Ireland due to pressure from both sides of the Christian divide. I'm just waiting for bassman to come back and blame Islam for that, the IRA, UVF, etc.

The Catholic Church has no power? How many catholic countries have abortion?

That is the will of the politicians not the ruling of the RC church which granted is anti abortion etc.

Can't you understand the difference?

The sad thing is he isn't. He just posts what comes into his head without checking his facts. I meant to add to my post that abortion is extremely limited in Northern Ireland due to pressure from both sides of the Christian divide. I'm just waiting for bassman to come back and blame Islam for that, the IRA, UVF, etc.
Getting desperate now I see, spat out the dummy, thrown your dolls out of the pram have you?

I see the sieve is in operation again! :hihi:

John X

Oh dear the forums second version of Halibut has climbed out of his hole.

Getting desperate now I see, spat out the dummy, thrown your dolls out of the pram have you?

Oh, the irony...

Oh, the irony...
Waits for the usual Israeliaphobe/Westenerphobe rant.

The death sentence in most of the countries you've mentioned have nothing to do with religion but are usualy for capital offences etc.

So you've never heard of the 6th. commandment then? :confused:

John X

So do you accept that Christianity has a lot of powers in countries now or don't you? Is the lack of legal abortion in catholic countries a coincidence or evidence of Christianity's reactionary effects on political power?

That is the will of the politicians not the ruling of the RC church which granted is anti abortion etc.

Can't you understand the difference?

No I can't because I don't think there is one. If Christianity can influence political power to that extent that must mean it has power itself, the power of influence if not of direct legislature. The effect is the same.