Sign in to follow this  

Anyone watch "The Bill"?

I'm not a massive fan, but from time to time I watch the odd episode of the Bill on ITV. No matter how many episodes I miss, it doesn't take long for me to quickly catch up with the story (it tends to change very slowly!).

For example, in tonight's episode (Wednesday Jan 7), I discovered the character Cathy Bradford is still causing trouble! I couldn't believe my eyes - surely she should have been caught by now? The ending of tonight's episode, when she's in the police HQ basement, made me laugh out loud! All that mysterious "up lighting" coming from the floor and the roaring gas flame - was it meant to look ridiculous?!

I know... How is she meant to have got in there with two kids and NO-ONE noticed !!!

But I am still hooked and awaiting the next episode :D

I am very amazed that The Bill manged to last this long. It has done very well but from what I have seen the storylines are very predictable and the amount of coincidences are unbelievable.

The storylines have certainly changed over the years. I remember when it was 25 minutes long (about 5 for the ad break) and basically consisted of a mugging/theft/etc. at the start of the show, some investigation and arrest in the middle and a confession at the end!

In 2004 we have a policewoman on the run (after killing a fellow officer's wife and a few others) who has kidnapped said policeman's children and is currently hiding in the basement of the station. In addition we have another policewoman who is unknowingly dating her own son who is yet another fellow officer (who she gave away at birth).

:loopy:

Not anymore.

It is now a soap with multiple storylines spanning over several weeks. If you miss one, you do not know what is happening. I perfered it to be the 1 hour independant storylines. That way, if I miss one, it doesn't matter.