IOS 5 Released Today

The battery life I think hasn't changed at all I still think 10 hours constant use on the iPad is great but I think the iPhone battery needs to longer

Yes unfortunately I have the iPhone 4

I've just updated my iphone4 no problems at all. Now looking for the extra stuff. So far have found

.the grid on the camera, don't know what that's for.

.reminders - may be useful as I had an app to do that before

.newstand, seems to be a rip off as most of the titles you have to pay for

.notifications - not sure if I like it

.weather - now has hourly prediction changes, I like this improvement

.lockscreen wallpaper customisation - ok I suppose

.calendar - now has a wall planner view when in landscape view, nice touch.

I thought the camera was going to be available directly from the lock screen, don't seem to have that one. a bit annoying was looking forward to that!

I thought the camera was going to be available directly from the lock screen, don't seem to have that one. a bit annoying was looking forward to that!

Look at this - and the rest of the features mentioned there whilst you're at it so that you don't miss out as several contributors seem to be doing.

Thanks for that HB,

was trying to watch the presentation video but would not play on my PC I reckon the bandwidth was being used up by others.

iPad running iOS 5 jailbroken, took all of 30 mins too.

Some very nice changes in the new software, nice little things you had to jailbreak or download apps to get.

Want to swap for my iPad check my posts mate

To my surprise I've got this running on my 3GS and it's not ground to a halt, in fact no noticeable reduction in performance at all. Just the new features.

Took an hour and a half to install, but I have got a full 32GB worth of music and podcasts.

I was getting silly errors when I went updating via iTunes , 1394,2002 and about 2 others I had to install genuine update with tiny umbrella ?

I've been playing with it on and off today and have only just found out that you can drag the home screen down to reveal your notifications.. Swipe from the top of the screen downwards.

Just double click the round button and the camera is available from the lock screen..

Also the volume + button can be used to take a photo (in case you didn't know).

Just double click the round button and the camera is available from the lock screen..

Also the volume + button can be used to take a photo (in case you didn't know).

Covered in the immediately-subsequent posts.

I've been playing with it on and off today and have only just found out that you can drag the home screen down to reveal your notifications.. Swipe from the top of the screen downwards.

That seems to be a blatent copy from android.