Stagecoach vs First

i was going to say that, alot of first drivers move to stagecoach so chances are some of the nice ones are going to be ex first. as for us being as bad as each other there are plenty of nice and good drivers, there are bad apples in every profession but it doesn't mean we all are.

as for which company is better its a matter of opinion, first do operate a bigger fleet though so are going to have some sheds about but i've also driven some working for stagecoach aswell

Glad it wasn't just me then and you are spot on!

prefer the tm buses to either stagecoach and first

I don't use buses much because I'm fabulously wealthy, but I didn't realise there was so much rivalry between these 2 companies. They should change their colours and have one company with blue and white stripes and the other with red and white stripes. Then we could have a proper bus battle.

As Harry Hill would say,...

"Stagecoach or First. Which is best? There's only one way to find out....

F I G H T !

prefer the tm buses to either stagecoach and first

Oh that's typical isn't it! Go and cloud the argument by introducing another bus company eh?

Well, two can play at that game.

I think that the "Sixer" service that runs between Bakewell and Derby, operated by Trent Barton, is far superior to either of these.

And - I'd go further, and say that the "Trans Peak Express" service which runs between Derby and Buxton could knock either of them into a cocked hat.

Oh that's typical isn't it! Go and cloud the argument by introducing another bus company eh?

I think that the "Sixer" service that runs between Bakewell and Derby, operated by Trent Barton, is far superior to either of these.

And - I'd go further, and say that the "Trans Peak Express" service which runs between Derby and Buxton could knock either of them into a cocked hat.

i will raise you the Powells bus company.

Powells is still going int it? not seen one for years to be honest :huh:

Edited by xsport

I have a travelmaster ticket so I use both companies. I prefer First because on the routes I use they have more legroom and I am more likely to have a seat to sit on.

Does that count as an addition as Trent Barton is the parent company of TM Travel

120 route does it for me. Both Stagecoach and First run this route. So if you want a bus at a particular time its pot luck how much you pay. It seems little point in having competition whent they both run the same route at different times. It seems to me that Opivio (that strange new thing) has made matters much worse.

I have mixed views I like Stagecoach because the fares are cheaper by a long way but I have found their drivers to be more miserable than First. One made a comment to me about not saying please when I asked for the fare which I know for a fact I did, as I was brought up to always say please and thank you.

Another one got really arsey with me on Saturday when I asked where he stopped in town as it was the first time I had used that route.

Does that count as an addition as Trent Barton is the parent company of TM Travel

Blimey! You even know the family tree that they come from as well! :o

You've got me flummoxed there old cok - nowthen, whatever happened to Yorkshire Traction - and who were its parents?

Losing a £10 note or losing 10 £1 coins?

Either way, our buses are too expensive.

Blimey! You even know the family tree that they come from as well! :o

You've got me flummoxed there old cok - nowthen, whatever happened to Yorkshire Traction - and who were its parents?

Yorkshire Traction is now slavecoach and was born the child of a drunken encounter behind the bins at tescos.