Stagecoach vs First

Stagecoach is the parent company for First.

You mean there are people who prefer First buses to Stagecoach? Mind = blown

Has to be stagecoach.

Stagecoach = quieter, cleaner, smell better and drivers are not as miserable.

First = noisy, rattly, loppy, smell like wet dog or fusty and drivers are rude and nasty.

I caught 73 to town other day and it was an old volvo double decker. It was verry noisy, it was really scruffy. It looked like it was being used for rallying. You couldn't even see out the windows because of the muck.

The seats was meant to be grey but looked brown stained, the floor was coming up and the paint was flaking off the hand rails and the bus stunk of sweat.

Why not look at buying a travel master then you can use any bus

far too much like sense ...

whatever happens with buses in Sheffield we'll never win unless miraculously re-regulation happens and the People's Soviet Republic of South Yorkshire is reformed ... and the bus goes back to being state run and subsidised to the point of absurdity.

for those who support first, if youd waited as many times as i have for buses that dont turn up at all you would want first kicked out of sheffield

if you ring up to complain you might as well be talking to a monkey

I missed the X17 today when it came too early, I had to ring up the person I was seeing in Chesterfield and say I would be 20 minutes late. There is no excuse for buses leaving too early IMO.

in my experience stagecoach are by far the best and their drivers are so nice and friendly its first mainline that are the bad apples always grumpy and ignorant why should we pay top whack to get to the same destination??? surely bus companies should charge the same not almost double than their competitors and dont get me started on first mainlines new advert pmsl! listen your a travel company not a bank!

I love the fact how many on this thread comment on how much better the Stagecoach drivers are compared to First, funny thing really considering most are ex First staff and quite a number are there not by choice (i.e. sacked for fiddling, driving standards/practises et al.)

Strange the way some people come to their judgements. :loopy: At the end of the day, they are all as bad as each other!

I love the fact how many on this thread comment on how much better the Stagecoach drivers are compared to First, funny thing really considering most are ex First staff and quite a number are there not by choice (i.e. sacked for fiddling, driving standards/practises et al.)

Strange the way some people come to their judgements. :loopy: At the end of the day, they are all as bad as each other!

i was going to say that, alot of first drivers move to stagecoach so chances are some of the nice ones are going to be ex first. as for us being as bad as each other there are plenty of nice and good drivers, there are bad apples in every profession but it doesn't mean we all are.

as for which company is better its a matter of opinion, first do operate a bigger fleet though so are going to have some sheds about but i've also driven some working for stagecoach aswell

Why not look at buying a travel master then you can use any bus

Too straightforward a solution. :)

I'm suprised some drivers keep their cool

yesterday on Pinstone St I observed someone jump onto the 52,thrust a smart phone

with a map of the centre of sheffield displayed under the driver's nose and asked

for directions to some unknown location, then jumped of just as quickly.

Very true, the people that judge for stagecoach are out of pocket and vote for cheaper fare nothing else. End of day they are just as bad as each other.

First drivers have got noticably little better and friendlier last year (last 6 months actualy) they are trying to change their attitude big time and it is working.

They used to be very grumpy on bus, and oh so friendly if you give them room while driving.