Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday (Sheffield Derby Match Thread)

Not really considering the price Wednesday have been in other derbies at the lane, the bookies arnt giving too much away there, we have been 4/5/ even 6s before.

Not disputing what prices you have been before, you have also been odds on favourites before but to say as a gambling man theres not much between 5/4 and 11/4 doesn't make sense pal.

It all means nowt to the result as I have said but it's a big difference in prices to a gambler.

wednesday look better value at 11/4 but only if they win, I certainly wouldn't lay wednesday at that price.

just gleaned this of another site, if for any reason blade or owls cant get to either ground to watch the match, you can listen to full commentary here.

If you can't make the game, beam back and don't live in Sheffield!!

Sunday 16 October

11:50

Sheff Utd v Sheff Weds

Uninterrupted commentary on Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday in League One.

Sports extra is available on all digital television services

Digital satellite – channel 0144

Virgin Media – channel 908

Freeview – channel 706

Freesat – channel 706

Not disputing what prices you have been before, you have also been odds on favourites before but to say as a gambling man theres not much between 5/4 and 11/4 doesn't make sense pal.

It all means nowt to the result as I have said but it's a big difference in prices to a gambler.

wednesday look better value at 11/4 but only if they win, I certainly wouldn't lay wednesday at that price.

It makes plenty of sense if we were treble the price in previous matches, making Wednesday 11/4 away from home in a Sheffield derby is unheard of almost in my time of being an Owl and a gambler, loads and loads of 11/4 away teams go in, there isn't a massive difference when you are talking risking your hard earned, personally a home team at 5/4 would ring alarm bells to me.

It makes plenty of sense if we were treble the price in previous matches, making Wednesday 11/4 away from home in a Sheffield derby is unheard of almost in my time of being an Owl and a gambler, loads and loads of 11/4 away teams go in, there isn't a massive difference when you are talking risking your hard earned, personally a home team at 5/4 would ring alarm bells to me.

Not talking about alarm bells or who will or won't win corky, neither past years when wednesday were better or worse prices, just saying in gambling there is a big difference between 5/4 and 11/4...That's all.

As for wednesday being 11/4 away in a derby being unheard of, well thats just not correct, even in your time think about the premiership games.

I think 11/4 for wednesday is a massive price.

Not talking about alarm bells or who will or won't win corky, neither past years when wednesday were better or worse prices, just saying in gambling there is a big difference between 5/4 and 11/4...That's all.

As for wednesday being 11/4 away in a derby being unheard of, well thats just not correct, even in your time think about the premiership games.

I think 11/4 for wednesday is a massive price.

There is not a massive difference between 5/4 (a home team) and the away team (11/4) in football betting.

The reason i make this point is because people were acting as though your were strong favs, far from it.

There is not a massive difference between 5/4 (a home team) and the away team (11/4) in football betting.

The reason i make this point is because people were acting as though your were strong favs, far from it.

I never said that al I said is the difference in prices is big in gambling. the bookies certainly aren't looking for either team to win and fancy the draw.

United are the bookies favourites but they don't fancy em that much to give 5/4 but in any kind of betting 11/4 is a lot bigger odds so they fancy them more than wednesday. A lot of people always overlook the DRAW which does em both. I personally hardly ever have a draw bet in football.

Bookies love those draw results.

By the way if I was an owls fan I would be lumping on at 11/4 but as a Blades fan I won't be having them at 5/4.

Anyway 6-1 to the Blades.

Edited by alex3659

I never said that al I said is the difference in prices is big in gambling. the bookies certainly aren't looking for either team to win and fancy the draw.

United are the bookies favourites but they don't fancy em that much to give 5/4 but in any kind of betting 11/4 is a lot bigger odds so they fancy them more than wednesday. A lot of people always overlook the DRAW which does em both. I personally hardly ever have a draw bet in football.

Bookies love those draw results.

You knew what i was on about Al, anyway kebab:)

You knew what i was on about Al, anyway kebab:)

I think you knew my point Corky, will you be having the 11/4?.

I think you knew my point Corky, will you be having the 11/4?.

I may have a sniffle i have been thinking about the scorecast you lot to score first and the draw 1-1 but who do i choose from your lot, will Ched be playing ?

I may have a sniffle i have been thinking about the scorecast you lot to score first and the draw 1-1 but who do i choose from your lot, will Ched be playing ?

Now that is a good question.:huh::huh:.....:D:D..........

O'Conner could start if him and Lines swop positions.

:gag::gag::gag:NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:help::help::help:

OWLS: Would you prefer to be at the Lane or at Hillsborough ?