Where have all the tripe shops gone?

Is there anywhere you can still buy tripe? There used to be shops which sold nothing but tripe, chicklings, trotters etc. I well remember one on Abbeydale Road opposite the bottom of Edgedale Road. Can't get it anywhere now in Norfolk but as we're coming back to Sheffield for a few days at the end of this month I thought someone might know where we can buy some. Fingers crossed. Hoping to stock up on Henderson's Relish as well. Can you still get Cunningham's Piccalilli in Sheffield?

barnsley market you can everything you have named. iam just having ham sandwiche with cunninghams piccalilli on

I think you can get tripe in the Castle Markets too, but the days of tripe shops are long gone. It's just not popular any more.

rotherham market sells it

Is Rotherham market on every day?

There is a shop that sells plenty of Tripe in Sheffield,

it's on the Moor and is called Poundland.

m&p :D

Castle market, just the 1 stall in the middle of the fish market, I buy it from down there most Saturdays along with Half a dozen burnt oven bottom bread cakes.....

Give it a good wash, slap it in a basin, plenty of salt and pepper and a load of vinegar, big red hot pint pot of tea and a couple of buttered fresh bread cakes, and Bobs your uncle.....

I think it all goes into dog food now...:loopy:

i am sure you can still get it at myers in castle mt

Thanks again everybody. I'll be after some in Castle Market. I like it with salt & vinegar too Grinder but it's good boiled in milk with onions an' all.

Thanks again everybody. I'll be after some in Castle Market. I like it with salt & vinegar too Grinder but it's good boiled in milk with onions an' all.

Funny that-I could never imagine Delia Smith tucking into a plate of cowheel.

You can buy Tripe in Morrisons supermarket, I get some every week.