Joiner Quotes Required

i am looking at getting the walls plastered in my flat but am wanting some advice

i ideally want to get rid of the council skirting boards on the bottom that have been plastered in, and once they have been hacked out and tidied up, i am wanting them plastered from top to bottom and new skirts putting on

but the main issue is my door frames in both rooms, they are too flush with the wall surface and when i get the walls plastered it will come flat over the wood

so the frames need to be thickened out so the walls look like walls and not part of the frame, so am wondering if i decide to have new fronts put round the door frames to make them look thicker and stick out more, would any joiners on here be able to provide all the materials as well as put the skirts on so it looks really well and finished before i have the walls done

cheers

It should be a relatively easy job fix new architraves around your door frames after the walls have been plastered as long as the plaster comes to the edge of the frame all the way around (we see a LOT where the plaster only bows out towards the bottom 2 feet of the frame due to lazy plasterers not bending down).

Alternatively a Joiner can replace your skirting boards and when it comes to reaching the existing architrave they will put a return on the skirt, sometimes making for a very nice finish.

You'll get loads of joiners offering you quotes pretty soon though :)

It should be a relatively easy job fix new architraves around your door frames after the walls have been plastered as long as the plaster comes to the edge of the frame all the way around (we see a LOT where the plaster only bows out towards the bottom 2 feet of the frame due to lazy plasterers not bending down).

Alternatively a Joiner can replace your skirting boards and when it comes to reaching the existing architrave they will put a return on the skirt, sometimes making for a very nice finish.

You'll get loads of joiners offering you quotes pretty soon though :)

Doubt it, it sends like one of those awful fiddly/messy jobs that you cant charge a lot for but take forever.

Nah, not really. Not unless the OP wants 18" Oak Taurus skirts screwed and plugged. You might be surprised little we get for skirts and architraves on site these days :(

do you know any joiners or relevant people to suggest sheff, be good to get some advice on things please, thanks

Doubt it, it sends like one of those awful fiddly/messy jobs that you cant charge a lot for but take forever.

I'd agree with that but for some work is short and friends are few!

do you know any joiners or relevant people to suggest sheff, be good to get some advice on things please, thanks

I am amazed none of our forum joiners have contacted you yet. They usually start posting around this time of day so this post will bump the thread.

I don't have the chop saw needed to do it any more and the lads i usually work with are all on a night contract at the moment so wouldn't be any use for at least the next couple of months I'm afraid.

I am still confident you will have a few joiners off here reply to you though :)

i am still wanting some quotes on this and i dont know where to shop for a decent job

the joiner also needs to be able to provide all the stuff as i dont want to have the hassle of getting stuff that will just be laying around for weeks, hope someone answers soon

you would probs be better to replace the frames

I could look at doing the job . Its straight forward really, where are you based ?..I can be contacted on 07748765728

trouble is though, i do not know what needs doing first so could do with some qualified advice please, i would ideally like someone who has good reliable contacts for the materials so i can depend on them getting the right stuff and not being a cowboy

My other half is a very reliable joiner with good contacts. He would be happy to speak on the phone and give you a little advice, I'm sure.