My car set on fire last night

I work for syp and would love to catch those responsible for fires and other crime around Herdings and Gleadless Valley. I encourage anyone with information to let me know. PM on here or inform crimestoppers. Be assured my colleagues and I patrol the area constantly both in uniform and plain clothes at all times of day and night. Although we have other areas of responsibilty too. I want to lock these people up believe me. So instead of being negative, help me to help you. Report crime, offenders and don't make it easy for them.

There may be a connection between vehicle fires and scrap men here. It's a new angle to their business.

How can we not make it easy for a car to be set on fire?!

Will any information be acted upon or will we just get a crime number and be told we can't do anything unless we catch them commiting a crime?

How can we not make it easy for a car to be set on fire?!

Will any information be acted upon or will we just get a crime number and be told we can't do anything unless we catch them commiting a crime?

The thread talks about crime generally. Arson is being committed by gratuitous morons that enjoy destroying other people's property. I will act upon any lines of enquiry that are available. Sometimes there are none unfortunately.

The thread talks about crime generally. Arson is being committed by gratuitous morons that enjoy destroying other people's property. I will act upon any lines of enquiry that are available. Sometimes there are none unfortunately.

Unfortunately even when crime is reported and the perpetrator is caught they are let off with a caution or by the courts. There are no deterrents that will stop these morons

Denlin is right, no matter how keen the police are to catch the criminals, they get let off by the courts, so there's no incentive for people to bother reporting anything be cause they already know that nothing will happen.

And if your going to patrol Gleadless Valley, why do it in plain clothes? Residents want to see a police presence, if your not seen, you appear to be not doing anything.

You would be surprised at the effectiveness of under cover police operations in catching criminals. It's just another tactic. I understand the reassurance that uniformed patrols provides too.

And it is only going to get worse when Mansfield Road Fire Station gets closed, only to move it further away on the Parkway, then they will have to come up Prince of Wales Road before they can pick up any speed to get to Blackstock and the surrounding area. There will also be less Fire Engines and Firefighters to attend these calls. How far will the fire spread in these extra minutes???

This forum displays a lot of bad feeling for the police, They are frequently pillaried for doing nothing or for going in too hard.

What happens in court is not in the control of the police and is probably equally frustrating for them. Support them regardles and it becomes easier for them to believe they are doing something and hopefully makes it harder for criminals to hide.