Settee too big to fit through door?

Hinge screws on a sofa?I thought they were built with nail guns and staples.

Sadly, modern sofas are quite often manufactured in such a way, on firewood frames.

Thankfully, front doors are not

The dimensions you give, when the sofa is canted over it should just go through a 27 inch wide door.

The dimensions you give, when the sofa is canted over it should just go through a 27 inch wide door.

Please show your calculations Dick.:rolleyes:

Please show your calculations Dick.:rolleyes:

Sex On Holiday, Can Always Have, Two Obvious Advantages

The basis of all trigonometrical calculations

Yes, joiners are noted for their welding skills. And their re-upholstery skills.

I know, one welded my Lada, and it failed the MOT. The sills failed on wood rot :(

Sex On Holiday, Can Always Have, Two Obvious Advantages

The basis of all trigonometrical calculations

For some Godforsaken reason, I always remember it as SOHTOACAH. :huh:

I don't think trignometry's gonna get the sofa in though! ;)

good luck getting it in, sounds like from all the advice you should be ok and the delivery men may surprise you and be able to work around the door without anything being removed...but i have also seen windows (the glass only) be removed from double glazed windows and quite easily be returned into place.

Mine came from Atkinsons and the delivery men spent nearly an hour trying everyway possible to get it in, eventually they managed it, so they will try everything they can.

They said to me that if it came to the worst they would take it back and I would have to ring the store and make arrangements to get a different one.

Thanks everyone..

The settee wouldnt fit through the door at all, nowhere near as we predicted, so we had to ring the people who fitted our new windows to come and take them out so that the atkinsons people could lift the settee in. They were very good about it and offered to come back and lift it for us after they had finished their rounds but fortunately the window people put it in for us.

Not too much drama anyway :)

Hi,

Atkinson's are a good old fashion family firm - so I should imagine they will help you. The best thing to do is just ask them. They should be more than willing to help, as they will want you to come back to them in the future.

You are right it is your responsibility to make sure anything you order for your home can fit through the door and the large nationals have a record of leaving furniture out on the street but we have always adopted a policy that as a gesture of goodwill we will take the sofa back to our warehouse and re-deliver on a day (free of charge - no extra delivery charges) when the customer can get their window out.

However, most furniture fits in - so if this happens to us 4 times a year that is about it.

Just give them a call.

Best wishes,

Neil

if it as casters or feet on take these of first, then try