End of Contract -Virgin.

As the title suggests i am coming to the end of my contract with Virgin and i am thinking of renewing it, but before i do i wondered if other people were getting a better deal with Virgin,Plusnet,Sky and the rest. I am currently on phone,broadband and tv with Virgin. The phone is on a weekends only tariff and the broadband is on 10meg speed and the basic tv package and i pay £34.00 p/m. Has any one done any better?.

Hi I am just looking to do the same. I have been with Virgin for years but feel they are a little too pricey now and have been interested in Plusnet so would welcome any thoughts

If you paying £34 pm for all that then it's not a bad deal. I pay £20 Bt, £25 ISP, £30 sky because I can't get all-in-one package with decent broadband.

If you are happy with it stay

I would love D/L speed and amount off virgin

I am on PlusNet at Stannington and have just run a Speed test

http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

I am getting a D/L speed of 1665 kbps (208kB/s) and U/L of 370 kbps (46.3kB/s) due to the distance from the exchange (Walkley)

40 GB download and £5 per 5GB extra altho I only pay £28 for BB and Phone You pay an extra £6 for TV + unlimited D/L

i pay £18 a month to plus-net on a 1 month rolling contract, i get unlimited calls & download, plus the free calls inc the 0845 dialing codes, all are subject to a fair usage policy, but then who isn't, & a wireless N router, & decent Internet speeds, i have now had 18 months hassle free with plus-net. i also receive a £1 discount for every recommendation that i can get to sign up, and the new customer also benefits from the discount scheme. its just a shame they don't do a tv package.

i pay £18 a month to plus-net on a 1 month rolling contract, i get unlimited calls & download, plus the free calls inc the 0845 dialing codes, all are subject to a fair usage policy, but then who isn't, & a wireless N router, & decent Internet speeds, i have now had 18 months hassle free with plus-net. i also receive a £1 discount for every recommendation that i can get to sign up, and the new customer also benefits from the discount scheme. its just a shame they don't do a tv package.
I am not really bothered about tv as freeview has what i need but i do like unlimited calls and down load.

We pay £10 more a month on Virgin compared to you, but get 50MB broadband, unlimited calls at all times, plus 'talk 0845' to get 0845's included. As with any large company these days, never take the default offering when your contract is up, always ring up and select 'I'm thinking of leaving'. This year we got an additional £6/ month taken off from the default pricing we would have reverted to.

Looking at their site, 10MB is £13/mth, basic phone is £13.90/mth, TV is free - that's £26.90/mth. Why would you be paying £34/mth? I know they have a convoluted discount system where your 'base' broadband price is something ridiculous (it's £45 for 50MB), but normally if you take broadband and phone, you get a £20 monthly 'package discount' which effectively gives you the advertised '£13/mth' for 10 meg.

Anyway, ring them and try to haggle a better deal. Because last year they upped their line rental charges twice, so you can bet they'll do it again next year.

Edited by shadow

After being with Virgin for years and years I rang them and told them Sky had offered me a better deal. They promptly dropped my monthly payment by £24 a month....

So I'm staying with Virgin.:D

I was speaking to our lass and we both live on broadband with both laptops going so we use it a lot,i dont use the phone all though i do use it for work related and at weekends our lass uses it more than me. And has for the tv i am quite happy with freeview. I will be giving them (Virgin) a ring in a months time so just wanted to know what other people were paying