Jobs worth tram conductors

We once went to M'Hall, as teenagers, before the advent of everyone having mobile phones too. Blew all our money in the bloomin arcade. We had to walk all the way home. Quite a cheap lesson in life well taught to be fair.

Excuse me , Mr Halibut . I think you are just trying to wind me up LOL . And , big...g . I agree with you , a child is vulnerable . Provision should be made to cater for their lack of knowledge ( the parents should be with them ) . Why would you expect the conductor to make an exception for your child ???

One could argue that they should check this BEFORE they board the tram? I don't know about you, but I don't leave the house without checking I've got the bus fare, nor do I board the train without checking that I've got my season ticket. It would be useful for parents to ensure their kids do the same.

And as for hoping that you are home - do you not have a mobile? If you know your 'vulnerable' kids are out and about would you honestly put yourself in a situation where they couldn't contact you if needs be?

And when your eldest does get that responsibility you will have drilled all this into him so IF he is in a dodgy situation where he's not comfortable, he can contact you or an apppopriate adult and act responsibly rather than just board transport without checking he has the means to pay and so forth.

So, if he gets on the tram - a busy all standing tram - and he's checked beforehand that he has his money. Or, let's suppose it's my daughter - gone out by herself to somewhere and her bag gets pinched whilst on the tram. Yes, she should have been responsible and not have let her bag get pinched with her money, id and phone in but - who is the most responsible person on that tram?

What should my daughter do? Should she press the emergency button? Should she ask a complete stranger for some money or to use his/her phone or, is there a procedure in place where the conductor can actually do something? Or maybe, kicking her off at a remote stop like Nunnery Square would be suitable.

Hels1977 . You are correct , i wish i was as articulate as you . Thank you

Excuse me , Mr Halibut . I think you are just trying to wind me up LOL .

Why would you think that? What did I say?

The conductor (and bus drivers) do have the final option of taking a name and address and phone number and issuing a no fare paid form.

I am sure most public transport staff would take the time of day into account (day/late night) - how old do they look - can transport police help - etc.

We have not had 'no fare paid forms' for many years. No pass full fare.Esp if you look 21 and pretending you qualify for 50P. Plus we drivers have 50p Add on's, 50p Centro, 50p Mega rider, 50p 16-18 and 50p Uni NUS, so how are we supposed to know which one people want if they don't show a pass.

PUT PASSES IN YOUR POCKETS WALLETS OR PURSES WITH YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Scuse me , Mr Halibut . Do you think that the Original Poster is being serious or is He /She just taking the .......

Scuse me , Mr Halibut . Do you think that the Original Poster is being serious or is He /She just taking the .......

Hard to tell. Could actually be genuine, but really dense/foolish.

Me really Finks that the Original Poster is reet fick

Children of secondary school age are subject to full fares. That's the whole point.

If they have a pass, they can pay a reduced fare, but not otherwise.

I see.

So nothing really happened.

Had the kids been kicked off then there would be an issue,but they weren't so there isn't really.

I see.

So nothing really happened.

Had the kids been kicked off then there would be an issue,but they weren't so there isn't really.

That's about the long and the short of it.