Should we impose a 10mph speed limit near the university or student areas?

with a bit of luck we might even hit a few future condem MPs

Hardly, they'll have gone straight from Eton to Oxbridge

I've always said the same thing about students. They may be very smart but they seldom have much common sense.

I am surprised that none of the students have been knocked over. They do just wander across the road without looking. I think that it is only the fact that their road sense is so bad that drivers make an allowance for them.

Maybe the first lesson that students should receive is one on road safety. Make it simple, words of one syllable:

This is a car

Cars go fast

Cars are hard

You are soft

If you get knocked down, you may break your phone

Oh, and you may get hurt - a lot

Shame they didn't get taught that before leaving home.

I've always said the same thing about students. They may be very smart but they seldom have much common sense.

Unfortunately, those two things don't usually go hand in hand.

I am surprised that none of the students have been knocked over. They do just wander across the road without looking. I think that it is only the fact that their road sense is so bad that drivers make an allowance for them.

Maybe the first lesson that students should receive is one on road safety. Make it simple, words of one syllable:

This is a car

Cars go fast

Cars are hard

You are soft

If you get knocked down, you may break your phone

Oh, and you may get hurt - a lot

Shame they didn't get taught that before leaving home.

Oh please make some flyers up with this on them! I'll even help you hand them out! :hihi:

A taxi driver who took me to Hallam hospital recently attempted to explain to me why students acted in the way that they do with regards to traffic.

Many apparently are foreign students who do not even understand our traffic signs and signals. I find it difficult too in Sheffield.

Many others ( according to him) are not used to living in big cities where the traffic is much denser and everyone rushes everywhere. Countrified people do have a more sedate pace.

Also they are on drugs.

Thats right-students take drugs .

Unfortunately, those two things don't usually go hand in hand.

I am like that except I am daft and am devoid of common sense.When you think about it very few things do go hand in hand .

I agree that quite a lot of students seem to be foreign,mainly Chinese and I asume that these students are not familiar with UK traffic laws,it can be seen more obviously by the ones riding bikes.

But if they cant read or understand simple English road signs how are they being taught in an English speaking country by an English speaking teacher.

I personnally think they cant be bothered to adhere to our road rules,or maybe they are looking for an easy payout!!!:rolleyes:

I agree that quite a lot of students seem to be foreign,mainly Chinese and I asume that these students are not familiar with UK traffic laws,it can be seen more obviously by the ones riding bikes.

But if they cant read or understand simple English road signs how are they being taught in an English speaking country by an English speaking teacher.

I personnally think they cant be bothered to adhere to our road rules,or maybe they are looking for an easy payout!!!:rolleyes:

The road signs are often in symbol form so it is unlikely the kids from Shanghai would learn the British HC.How many Brits could drive round in China?

I find myself contemplating whether that was meant to be a serious post.:hihi:

Why not go all the way.

Let’s turn the clocks back 150 years.

The first maximum speed limit was the 10 mph (16 km/h) limit introduced in the United Kingdom in 1861.

Wiki