Royal Mail S5 - missing parcels

get items sent recorded delivery then you can track item

if getting to post/sorting office and not to you then its postman etc

Could it be Royal Mail staff stealing them? seems on the increase in the past few years.

If it's a member of staff who is stealing from me I would love to find out who it is.

get items sent recorded delivery then you can track item

if getting to post/sorting office and not to you then its postman etc

I do send everything I sell on eBay 1st class recorded, however some sellers seem happy enough to send something worth £30+ 2nd class standard for the sake off an extra pound.:loopy:

If it's a member of staff who is stealing from me I would love to find out who it is.

There was a woman who lived at Shiregreen who was done for this a few years ago, she was stealing cheques, cash in cards and other valuable items and i don't think she even went to prison, it's a joke.

I've had my mail go missing too and often get other peoples mail through my door too, the service we get now is a joke.

There was a woman who lived at Shiregreen who was done for this a few years ago, she was stealing cheques, cash in cards and other valuable items and i don't think she even went to prison, it's a joke.

I've had my mail go missing too and often get other peoples mail through my door too, the service we get now is a joke.

It is but sadly nothing seems to be being done about it. It's a joke.

Yep, 3 parcels posted on the 27th of last month not arrived yet. They once "lost" a 32 channel mixing desk I sold, massive big thing not the sort of thing to easily lose.

yep just pay a little extra for recorded delivery then you know youre safe

I had the same thing happen this time last year (in S10). Turned out it was because there were so many parcels, the PO couldn't cope (students are back!!!). Because the parcels get put into one large pile, when they do eventually put on extra staff, they start at the top & work their way down... It took one of my parcels over 5 weeks to arrive, though most arrived in 2-3 weeks.

You could ask at the sorting office whether there are any known delays?

By the way, I fell victim to an ebay scammer. I'd bought an item one night. The next evening(!) they said 'is it there yet'?!! Obviously it didn't arrive, so a week after it should have arrived, I asked them to send the 'proof of posting' certificate. The next day, they contacted me to say that the postman had returned it to their address & they would post it. When it arrived 2 days later, there was no return address or anything to suggest how a postman could return the parcel.

Fortunately for me, I had a stupid scammer...!

I'm in S4 and 2 of my sons birthday cards didn't arrive last week and one of my wifes birthday cards didn't arrive this week!!! Very strange!!!!

I was waiting for a parcel posted on the 27th sept 1st class recorded & i only got it on thursday evening at 4.20pm & it was only coming from chesterfield.

I went to sorting office on barnsley rd twice & asked if they had it & reply was no!! everytime i put tracking number into royal mail web site it just said please try again late.

I am also in shiregreen.

royal mail service these days is diabolical!!

We had some small parcels delivered but we were not in so the postman took them with him and left a letter saying they would be took back to the depot, the depot said they were never brought back.

This was about a month ago and they have now totally closed ranks and will not even discuss the matter with us.

Edited by V.Rossi