The rhino whip affair.

Hmn!!!!!... lots of people with lots of ideas how the Ripper got caught...let me tell you if the REAL truth ever came out you would be sick!!!! I DO KNOW THE TRUE STORY of how he was caught, starting with the REAL reason the cops went to check the car in the first place ( sorry why the SERGEANT) - went to check the car in the first place !!! a sergeant I knew very well from my days at West Bar when he was a PC- he is now deceased so I will never speak ill of the dead......suffice to say Sutcliffe was captured and that let all the 'top brass' at West Yorks off the hook... Remember I knew them all from my days on the Reg Crime Sqd......but to return to my original theme.. this was an isolated case the Ripper and I still say every-day crime was 'managed' to a degree... your mother could go to bingo or a church meeting in the evening- she can't now...!!!

Im guessing Booper really wanted to say that the copper who caught Sutcliffe was perving through the car window:gag:. It wasnt until this copper checked the registration of Sutcliffes car that it was found to be on false plates. The rest is history.

Edited by Gerti

On 07/11/2013 at 16:35, booperstorr said:

My thanks to those who bought my book 'Boopers Tale' ( I have 24 left out of 600 and over 100 sold on Kindle ) -before people get excited I haven't made any money and a donation has gone to British Heart Foundation.. now re the R/Whip affair -myself and Duckenfield ( of Hillsboro fame!!!) were posted into CID to replace DC's Millicheap and Streets after they were sacked...1963 (exactly 50 years ago.) My reason for entering this debate is to say that what I wrote 30 years ago in 'Boopers Tale' is now proven. This was the 'world' I entered in Water Lane C.I.D.... bashing prisoners/telling lies in court/inventing and planting evidence....only 2 ex-cops have challenged the book publicly by writing to the press and neither of them were ever 'real' coppers....was the R/whip affair or the way I tackled crime justified??? you will have your own thoughts on that but suffice to say your mother and little children could walk the streets safely at almost any time of day - can they now ???

Were the streets any safer for Mothers and Children when you was a Policeman committing crimes with one of Sheffield's most notorious Villains and planning to burn a school down?.

Don't try to justify your behaviour I remember you in the bottom of the lane shortly after you got out thinking you was a big shot.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Were the streets any safer for Mothers and Children when you was a Policeman committing crimes with one of Sheffield's most notorious Villains and planning to burn a school down?.

Don't try to justify your behaviour I remember you in the bottom of the lane shortly after you got out thinking you was a big shot.

It was the same in the Nags Head Shalesmoor , I saw one of the plain clothes mob jump on his police radio when the station was trying to find out where they all were . It was after closing time the pub was full , The cops where mob handed and supposed to be investigating a murder near by . Forget the name of the radio jumper but he had a nick name .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It was the same in the Nags Head Shalesmoor , I saw one of the plain clothes mob jump on his police radio when the station was trying to find out where they all were . It was after closing time the pub was full , The cops where mob handed and supposed to be investigating a murder near by . Forget the name of the radio jumper but he had a nick name .

I remember the day Pat the joiner went to measure a job up nearby where Sutcliffe was arrested, he came back and told us he couldn't get near the job it was blocked off by police.

3 hours ago, retep said:

I remember the day Pat the joiner went to measure a job up nearby where Sutcliffe was arrested, he came back and told us he couldn't get near the job it was blocked off by police.

How is he Retep not seen him since he left Walkley

17 hours ago, cuttsie said:

PS the villain's and the cops in the  Nags where as thick as thieves 

59 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

PS the villain's and the cops in the  Nags where as thick as thieves 

59 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Last I heard he was at Grenoside.

Edited by retep
  • Like 1