The rhino whip affair.

I wasnt there but from what I saw on the telly, he tried to pass through a Police line and was refused access, he refused to do as he was told and got a shove. He was drunk, (his responsibility) had a heart condition ( he knew, the copper didnt) he died. His fault, master of his own destiny.

Quite was this has to do with the those pillars of society who got a bit of a livener in the Rhino Whip enquiry I dont know.

ex pillars of society dont you mean :hihi:

The newspaper seller was ratarsed and had a heart condition. He was master of his own destiny, if you go looking for trouble in that condition you may get more than you expect.

The inquest jury didn't see it that way, unlawful killing and a manslaughter charge for Harwood.

I trust he will be found not guilty. Its time the cops took back the streets.

The inquest jury didn't see it that way, unlawful killing and a manslaughter charge for Harwood.

That may well be, xenia, but there was a world of difference between the poor guy who met his destiny and the Hartleys.

It's a long time ago now but I think the Hartleys where picked up outside (or it could've been inside) the pub known as 'the Cowsheds' at the bottom of Duke Street. The reason, I believe was that police statistics for burglary were up and the top cops issued a directive that it wasn't good enough. So a few known villains were targeted to bring the statistics down to a more acceptable level. I think the Hartleys had been known to do a bit of larceny from time to time, so the cops went after an easy target. No doubt they still do, police being what they are.

2 things. "Police being what they are"

Some years ago I rolled a car, My fault, driving too fast bad road conditions, I was trapped, upside down, petrol dripping on the ashphalt, full bit, crapping myself, young copper slid under the car and stayed with me till they cut me out. " Police being what they are?

Poor Hartleys, both thieves, and both grasses no honour amongst those thieves, only thing Streets and Millicheap didnt do was hit em hard enough. I knew em, inside and out if you follow.

That may well be, xenia, but there was a world of difference between the poor guy who met his destiny and the Hartleys.

It's a long time ago now but I think the Hartleys where picked up outside (or it could've been inside) the pub known as 'the Cowsheds' at the bottom of Duke Street. The reason, I believe was that police statistics for burglary were up and the top cops issued a directive that it wasn't good enough. So a few known villains were targeted to bring the statistics down to a more acceptable level. I think the Hartleys had been known to do a bit of larceny from time to time, so the cops went after an easy target. No doubt they still do, police being what they are.

Some years ago I rolled a car, My fault, driving too fast bad road conditions, I was trapped, upside down, petrol dripping on the ashphalt, full bit, crapping myself, young copper slid under the car and stayed with me till they cut me out. " Police being what they are?

Poor Hartleys, both thieves, and both grasses no honour amongst those thieves, only thing Streets and Millicheap didnt do was hit em hard enough. I knew em, inside and out if you follow.

How much grassing did you do before they cut you out, police being what they are.

Actually, since my accident I have done plenty, I will, in any way possible help the Police in any way I can.

What I will not do is do it fo money, which is more than you can say for the Hartleys.

How much grassing did you do before they cut you out, police being what they are.

Actually, since my accident I have done plenty, I will, in any way possible help the Police in any way I can.

What I will not do is do it fo money, which is more than you can say for the Hartleys.

i bet you wouldnt be saying things like that to their sons faces would you ? nice to say things while you hide behind your keyboard:suspect:.

Were the police in a habit of battering their grasses in those days?.

Perhaps they were creating to much work for them.:roll::roll::roll::roll:............

They know me and i told their fathers years ago.

i bet you wouldnt be saying things like that to their sons faces would you ? nice to say things while you hide behind your keyboard:suspect:.

How many teeth have you got left.

but did you tell them to thier face i guess not