Advice regarding a cat having litter tray accidents

lol . My sister's cat has never used his litter tray properly and he's 16, usually misses for some reason and its such a nuisance so I can imagine how you are feeling. Try the feliway its worth a try:)

Never wormed her as vet said as she doesn't go out we don't need to - is this right?

It is a nuisance, more so because of our little daughter.

Think I will try the Feliway to see if it works.

Having to have new flooring put down next week as once she has had the accident she scratches and scratches so much our two year old carpet is nearly thread bare :-(

what about buying one of those covered litter trays - that are like a cat carrier that has a cat flap entry to it ? then you could move it away from there and your child wouldnt put their hands in it :)

its maybe got into a bit of a habit now. try cleaning the area she uses with a good cat odour remover - something like safe4. [ need to be careful its safe for cats as some cleaning stuffs aren't - and safe on your carpet too of course] i've heard, though not put to the test, that putting sheet of tin foil down over the area they tend to use stops the habit as they can't bear to stand on tin foil. whether that just means they go and do it somewhere else you don't want i'm not sure. could try a second lit tray just in case that helps?

yes tin foil is a good idea - cats hate that - or pepper? poor carpet :(

Thank you so much everyone for your advice. My hubbie has just got in from work and he thinks it is probably because she has had an accident there before etc and tin foil/pepper sounds good also. Think we may also go and buy some Feliway also.

About worming, should we worm her if she is a house cat?

Thanks again x

I've heard the suggestion that putting the kitty's food in the area where they've been having the accidents stops them pooing there, as they won't poo where they are eating.

it wouldn't hurt to worm her x