John Lewis Cambridge st

Walking up Cambridge st, past the old toy/sports shop that used to belong to John Lewis's, I noticed that above the windows on either side of the entrance the old mounting points for the letters that spell out "LAWSONS".

Anyone out any idea of who Lawsons were?

I have asked my mother in law who is 89 and has lived in Sheffield all her life and she doesn't remember who or what Lawsons did.

Walking up Cambridge st, past the old toy/sports shop that used to belong to John Lewis's, I noticed that above the windows on either side of the entrance the old mounting points for the letters that spell out "LAWSONS".

I have asked my mother in law who is 89 and has lived in Sheffield all her life and she doesn't remember who or what Lawsons did.

They were an outfitters next door to Bethel Chapel. Look on Picture Sheffield under "Lawsons", there's a good picture taken in 1960's.

Hello Richard :)

Hello Richard :)

I wasn't aware that this was a chatroom.

They were an outfitters next door to Bethel Chapel. Look on Picture Sheffield under "Lawsons", there's a good picture taken in 1960's.

Thankyou... I will report this back to mother in law. :)