Primal Scream embarrassed by Tories!

This story made me laugh. 1990s indie rock band Primal Scream yesterday issued a statement saying they were disgusted that one of their songs had been played at the Conservative Party Conference as Theresa May's exit music after she made her speech. They ranted some predictable lefty nonsense about how they didn't want their music associated with such a "sick party" and how they were "waging a war on the disenfranchised" etc etc

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/embarrassment-for-primal-scream-as-band-bash-tories-over-wrong-song-2365902.html

Just one problem, the song wasn't actually a Primal Scream one, it was actually "Bohemian Like You" by a band called The Dandy Warhols! Whoops!

This story made me laugh. 1990s indie rock band Primal Scream yesterday issued a statement saying they were disgusted that one of their songs had been played at the Conservative Party Conference as Theresa May's exit music after she made her speech. They ranted some predictable lefty nonsense about how they didn't want their music associated with such a "sick party" and how they were "waging a war on the disenfranchised" etc etc

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/embarrassment-for-primal-scream-as-band-bash-tories-over-wrong-song-2365902.html

Just one problem, the song wasn't actually a Primal Scream one, it was actually "Bohemian Like You" by a band called The Dandy Warhols! Whoops!

A string of misunderstandings, it seems. Hardly the fault of the band in question.

It seems the only person who wants to be the Cons friend is Lapdog Clegg!

If I was picking the music for a Tory conference I would pick as much music be lefty type artists as I could find just to watch them explode with rage at where it had been played. :lol:

If I was picking the music for a Tory conference I would pick as much music be lefty type artists as I could find just to watch them explode with rage at where it had been played. :lol:

Labour could do the same with righty type artists but they'd be limited with Cilla Black and Phil Collins.

Labour could do the same with righty type artists but they'd be limited with Cilla Black and Phil Collins.

Surprise surprise! Yuk.

I wonder if musicians would actually prefer control over where and when their music is played rather than royalty payments?

I think Bush Sr got in trouble for using "Born in the USA" in his presidential campaign without the permission of Mr Springsteen.

I don't think "

" and "
" sound anything like each other.

When bands sell rights to their music to be used it is to the venue they sell it and not the Tory Party etc or whoever happens to be there. So generally most conference halls have a blanket right to use most music and although I can see their frustration if their song was used, at some point they were paid to allow the usage.

Ghost Town would surely have been more apt.