Thank you to the theiving scrap van!!

As a result of this one day operation nine scrap dealers were visited and 182 vehicles were stopped and checked. Nine fixed penalty tickets were issued for traffic offences and three vehicles were seized.

There going to have to really clamp down on them soon, its happening all to often

Wow.

What an attitude.

Not really, if it's worth something either value or sentiment...don't leave it lying about. There's some nasty people about.

Im not being funny but why would you leave it on the front garden and not the back?? its just asking to be stolen

Don't talk silly, just because they left it in front garden doesn't give some low life the right to think he can steal it - what kind of circles do you move in to think this acceptable?:roll::roll:

Don't talk silly, just because they left it in front garden doesn't give some low life the right to think he can steal it - what kind of circles do you move in to think this acceptable?:roll::roll:

I think the issue is that if anything is left around then it will be subject to theft - that's the world we live in.

By locking up your valuables you are not playing into the theives hands - common sense I would have thought really

The circle called Earth. If you leave something of value and, easy to move, outside in full view it is going to get stolen at some point. That probably goes for most of the planet.

I once saw a scrap man run up the road with a new looking bike put it in the back of the scrap van and drive off, i phoned the police who found the scrap men and phoned me to describe the bike they tuck the bike off them. so the police do care its just not everyone has a nosey neighbour like me :hihi:

The circle called Earth. If you leave something of value and, easy to move, outside in full view it is going to get stolen at some point. That probably goes for most of the planet.

So what percentage of the blame for a theft does the thief actually accrue if it's not 100%?

So what percentage of the blame for a theft does the thief actually accrue if it's not 100%?

I never said the thief wouldn't be to blame. You wouldn't go and leave £100 in notes in the middle of the front garden and expect it to still be there a week later would you?

how long was the bike in the front garden for?

Both me and my neighbour had the lead ripped off the top of our bay window last saturday night - while I was asleep in bed 5 feet away.

Basically this needs stopping at the market end ie fine scrap dealers a LOT of money for dealing in stolen metal. Only way to stop it.

Meanwhile hope it doesnt rain.

I never said the thief wouldn't be to blame. You wouldn't go and leave £100 in notes in the middle of the front garden and expect it to still be there a week later would you?

No, the wind would blow it away.

I would expect to leave a £100 bird table there and it to be there a week later though.

As soon as we, as a society, start to apportion blame to the victims of crime, then we, as a society, have failed.

Thankfully the police don't do this, even if insurance companies and judgemental Internet posters do.

As a result of this one day operation nine scrap dealers were visited and 182 vehicles were stopped and checked. Nine fixed penalty tickets were issued for traffic offences and three vehicles were seized.

These scrotes also go round the back of your house. Nowhere is sacrosanct :rant:

so none of the vans had stolen goods on them