Manor estate - any wonder why I avoid it?

Oh FFS! This is so typical, as soon as anything goes wrong in this City people blame the Burberry clad masses who live on dodgy Council estates... :loopy:

yeah and if the cap fits, wear it

Probably not.

Thanks for your positive post misty3 :roll:

After doing some shopping at asda instead of my usual route along the A57 and first turn off towards Frechville and turning off towards Gleadless I decided to go along the Prince of Wales road and instead of doing 40 as I expected I had to stop TWICE (with hazards on to alert other drivers) to remove cones that some t*****s had decided to remove from the side of the road and put into the middle of the road - once on both lanes of the southbound route (Parkway-Manor top) before the first set of lights and Lidl and the next one on the inside lane (my lane).

It's unlikely to cause much of a problem realy at about 9:40PM to the general public (not mentioning any damage to cars and associated possible expenditure) but besides the chance there is also the stupid mindedness of it - had a car driver not seem them as they did this then it would be the car driver in the dock and the RTA's mates in the witness box.

Ok - rant over - thank you for your time. :)

Instead of blaming the Manor Estate, instead of making assumptions it was kids/adults from the Manor why not blame the contractors who generally leave their cones, plastic barriers, signs etc on pavements etc for upto a month after a job has been completed. If they did remove them when they finish their work then yes mindless idiots do get up to mischeif!

Thanks for your positive post misty3 :roll:

Might not be positive, but I'm afraid it's true (unfortunately) Mr Pops, Sorry.

Edited by misty3
grammar

Might not be positive, but I'm afraid it's true (unfortunately) Mr Pops, Sorry.

I think there are far worse areas to live in sheffield,i wont name them,but reading some of the posts on SF im glad i dont live there.

This post has been going for 5 years,and some people are still slating the Manor.

Most of the houses have now been demolished,and the divs have gone with them,its not a bad place to live nowerdays,it has its minor problems like most areas.

Will the Manor ever loose its bad name ???

i can remember reading a big centre page spread in the Dail Fail (i know, my parents bought it and i was bored :hihi: ) about the worst council estate in britain and it was the manor in sheffield!

as for will it ever lose its bad name? i dont think there's anything anyone can do to fix that. look at park hill flats for a current example.

Dude! this topic is from 2005! let it die already!

Dude! this topic is from 2005! let it die already!

And 6 years on its no better, does that not say something!!!!!!

After doing some shopping at asda instead of my usual route along the A57 and first turn off towards Frechville and turning off towards Gleadless I decided to go along the Prince of Wales road and instead of doing 40 as I expected I had to stop TWICE (with hazards on to alert other drivers) to remove cones that some t*****s had decided to remove from the side of the road and put into the middle of the road - once on both lanes of the southbound route (Parkway-Manor top) before the first set of lights and Lidl and the next one on the inside lane (my lane).

It's unlikely to cause much of a problem realy at about 9:40PM to the general public (not mentioning any damage to cars and associated possible expenditure) but besides the chance there is also the stupid mindedness of it - had a car driver not seem them as they did this then it would be the car driver in the dock and the RTA's mates in the witness box.

Ok - rant over - thank you for your time. :)

I wish people would stop complaining about Manor Estate ! I live on Prince of Wales Road and have done for 18 years, i've never had any bother ! Trouble happens wherever you live, it's not beirut you know ! :rant:

I wish people would stop complaining about Manor Estate ! I live on Prince of Wales Road and have done for 18 years, i've never had any bother ! Trouble happens wherever you live, it's not beirut you know ! :rant:[/QUOTe]

Just more often in certain than other area's of Sheffield?

Leave a car with a sat nav on display on the Manor and an identical one in Lodge Moor see which get stolen first?

Plenty of nice families live on the manor and should be able to without trouble. Glad to hear about your 16 years of peace too.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

Instead of blaming the Manor Estate, instead of making assumptions it was kids/adults from the Manor why not blame the contractors who generally leave their cones, plastic barriers, signs etc on pavements etc for upto a month after a job has been completed. If they did remove them when they finish their work then yes mindless idiots do get up to mischeif!

Shift the blame - like it !

There's 1 little thing that's niggling away at me, the people of the manor always defend the place like it's the greatest place on earth, so why is it that the manor had it's own tv program about how rough it is and people from all over the country know of the manor and again, how rough it is.

I personally have never had any trouble on the manor, then again in 9yrs of living in Sheffield I have never been there either.