Manor estate - any wonder why I avoid it?

sorry to hear that, i can tell you are really unsettled there, maybe you could try citizens advice or somewhere like that. Hope it goes well anyway goodluck!

sorry to hear that, i can tell you are really unsettled there, maybe you could try citizens advice or somewhere like that. Hope it goes well anyway goodluck!

thanx mate fingers crossed eh :)

Greetings to my long lost mates on 'Manor. I hear your moaning and self pity. Nothings changed has it? I departed Queen Mary Road many years ago and found my paradise in a warm climate. Get a grip and take control of your lives. Accept personal reponsibility for your shallow, empty and fearful lives and move out and onwards! It's easy when you really want to... but you've got to want it... and stop making excuses. I now get quiet enjoyment from reading about the cesspool from which I escaped. You can escape... do it now! Best wishes from Paradise!

Of all the things that COULD be done...it's not that bad.

I remember as a kid re-arrangng traffic cones to divert traffic right onto a one way street which then looped back on itself and exited in a forced right-turn, making an endless loop.

Watched a few people do a lap and scratch their heads before they realised some so-and-so had been "tinkering"

Of all the things that COULD be done...it's not that bad.

I remember as a kid re-arrangng traffic cones to divert traffic right onto a one way street which then looped back on itself and exited in a forced right-turn, making an endless loop.

Watched a few people do a lap and scratch their heads before they realised some so-and-so had been "tinkering"

Very nawty :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Greetings to my long lost mates on 'Manor. I hear your moaning and self pity. Nothings changed has it? I departed Queen Mary Road many years ago and found my paradise in a warm climate. Get a grip and take control of your lives. Accept personal reponsibility for your shallow, empty and fearful lives and move out and onwards! It's easy when you really want to... but you've got to want it... and stop making excuses. I now get quiet enjoyment from reading about the cesspool from which I escaped. You can escape... do it now! Best wishes from Paradise!

ooh if i lived in paradise i would find better things to do than come on here :hihi:

do you hear those clippety clops on the bridge?

Sorry Sheffgrow but it always pays to check the rear vision mirror now and again. Like your Blades logo! Cheers!

Sorry Sheffgrow but it always pays to check the rear vision mirror now and again. Like your Blades logo! Cheers!

never look backwards only forwards, or else you become bitter and twisted like you, good luck in paradise

There was a thread on this forum a week or so which talked about 'white flight'.

'White flight' is an over-used cliché.

The phrase has little to do with skin colour, perhaps it's used because it's alliterative?You could say 'resident flight'.

People tend to move out of a particular area when:

(a) perceived levels of petty crime are high

(b) perceived levels of mindless vandalism are high

© Standards of living are perceived to be falling.

With all the threads on petty crime, anti-social behaviour, criminal damage etc that have appeareed on this fourm during the past year, I'm surprised that there's anybody left living in Sheffield.

Perhaps when the new elected 'Police Commissioners' (or whatever they're going to be called) appear, you will be able to re-claim the streets of Sheffield from the lowlife.

Who in turn could be kept out of mischief by being employed as litter-picking chain gangs during the hours 11pm to 6am.

It can happen anywhere ...a while ago I had to move a shopping trolley that was left in the middle of Fox lane ... looks like the morons have moved there from the manor......it happens everywhere

This post has been going for 5 years,and some people are still slating the Manor.

Most of the houses have now been demolished,and the divs have gone with them,its not a bad place to live nowerdays,it has its minor problems like most areas.

Will the Manor ever loose its bad name ???