Iphone 4s whats your thoughts?

nope i got an iphone4 and tbh I miss using my android based phone on a regular basis so I don't think I'll be getting the 4s - yes the iphone4 is nice and has some nice apps but it's too locked down and i miss a lot of the basic features you get with an android based phone. You have to jailbreak the iphone to get just those basic things. i may just give it to the wife and go back with an android phone permanently.

i've still got my lg optimus 2x + hannspree hannspad tablet and Asus Transformer

When you getting yours?

anytime in the next 30 days

Bottom line, its an excuse not to support Android because its harder to support due to the many different hardware configurations. I do not believe for a second its due to concrete proof that Android owners are less likely to buy the games.

It seems to me that both the poor sales seen in the Android Market and the difficulties of fragmentation are both pretty valid reasons for developers to avoid Android.

Put three different HTC handsets together and load Angry birds and it might not load one, be just about ok another and run brilliantly on another. Then consider that HTC have released at least 7 Android devices this year alone... then you've got to work with the limitations on Internal Memory that mean that even something like the HTC Desire (a supposed iphone killer) only has space for about 100megabytes worth of apps.... its not uncommon for high quality iOS apps to come in over 1GB - this just isn't an option on Android.

However even if you've got round these problems developers know that making money on the Android Market is very difficult - the idea that they haven't looked into it is ridiculous. Take a look at this quote from the iphone developers 'Toca Boca'

"So far, iOS is the only platform on which apps are being sold in a great number," he says. "If you're not doing advertising or IAP, this is clearly an iOS market for now. Android Market and the likes are broken: they just don't work from a purchasing point of view for various reasons."

However, he says that Toca Boca is not writing Android off altogether, and is keeping a keen eye on any data that shows Android Market or comparable stores are becoming more lucrative for paid apps.

"I'm very interested in it from a marketing point of view, because it's a more open ecosystem where you can use more things: bundle apps together with others, or give them away with partners," he says.

"It's a free-er ecosystem to work with, but no one's buying anything. The sooner that changes, the better. We're looking forward to the day when these stores work, because there are plenty of Android users out there."

If everyone is sat on the sidelines going "I will join in once it becomes lucrative", then it will never happen.

Just look at the 3DS which seems to be in a similar position. Nintendo deliberately held off releasing high profile first-party titles to give other publishers time to shine. It failed miserably as few publishers bothered and the ones that did produced mostly shovelware. Once again its up to Nintendo to show its a viable device.

However on Android, there is no first-party to show the way. It takes a few good developers to grow balls to pave the way. But this isn't happening and as such Android is still seen as second best.

You do have a point about fragmentation though. Its about time handset manufacturers got together and developed a proper rating system so that people can see at a glance "before buying the device" what level of compatibility it will have. Most of all, they need to stop being so tight on the internal memory and reserve a decent amount for apps.

Personally I would be happy to lose mass storage support on internal memory (have it just for removable SD cards) if it stabalised the internal memory problems. Its not like they couldn't develop an open alternative that allowed internal memory to be formatted ext4 while still able to drag and drop files with relative ease. I already do all transfers using SSH anyway as I like to leave my phone on a charger while at home as charging over USB is too slow.

Got my iphone 4s on launch day. I really love it. Had the 3GS before it and my contract was up, so why not! Got the white 32gb model. I like apple products (never had a computer from them just iphone, ipod & ipad) they are easy to use, practical, fun and look good! Lets be honest no matter how much more technically better people say andriods are they just dont looks as good and whether people will agree or not alot of people buy things based on how attractive they are, cars, houses, clothes, jewelry, gadgets as examples!! Its the way of the world!!

Timing is EVERYTHING when launching products and apple got to the mass market before android did, its that simple.

You know the thing i dont understand in debates, the whole hatred to apple products and apple consumers. There are many people who like apple and will get some of their products if they like them (like me) and there are some who will buy every product apple sell based on the fact they love the brand. You get this the world over on loads of brands! Its not this which is pathetic, whats pathetic is people who use terms like fanboi and itards etccccc they are the real idiots! Why oh why does it bother people ssooooo much if some people love a product? Just let them get on with it!

Does NOT make you ANY better because you DONT like apple products than those who do!!!

I dont know ANYONE who owns apple products who constantly calls people 'anroid fanbois' 'android tards' 'anroid sheep' etc........ But yet anroid fans go out of their way to call apple fans names! That speaks volumes to me! People using these terms no matter what brand seriously need to get a life!!! Let people enjoy whatever products they want, and you enjoy yours instead of labelling people! Its pathetic, just pathetic!!

Calm down iphonelover :wow:

My brother bought an iPhone4 a couple of months ago. When i was talking to him last night he was sounding a bit like a robot at times and he blamed it on the aeriel in the iPhone. Wasn't that supposed to have been fixed in to iPhone4? (i know it's nothing to do with the 4s but i'm not starting a new thread about it).

Calm down iphonelover :wow:

My brother bought an iPhone4 a couple of months ago. When i was talking to him last night he was sounding a bit like a robot at times and he blamed it on the aeriel in the iPhone. Wasn't that supposed to have been fixed in to iPhone4? (i know it's nothing to do with the 4s but i'm not starting a new thread about it).

I am calm, not sure why you think im not, my post is long BUT ive given perfectly clear valid points. In fact im quite pleased with my post, it reflects many people on this forum who dislike apple products. Perhaps try reading it and you will see.

i love it, siri is amazing as well

Its fun, I must admit I thought it was going to be more of a gimmick but its actually very practical.

I am calm, not sure why you think im not, my post is long BUT ive given perfectly clear valid points. In fact im quite pleased with my post, it reflects many people on this forum who dislike apple products. Perhaps try reading it and you will see.

Damn, you are aggressive at times. You seriously need to kick back and relax. I HAVE read your post in it's entirety. I wasn't attacking you.

Lets examine your post...

Got my iphone 4s on launch day. I really love it. Had the 3GS before it and my contract was up, so why not! Got the white 32gb model. I like apple products (never had a computer from them just iphone, ipod & ipad) they are easy to use, practical, fun and look good! Lets be honest no matter how much more technically better people say andriods are they just dont looks as good and whether people will agree or not alot of people buy things based on how attractive they are, cars, houses, clothes, jewelry, gadgets as examples!! Its the way of the world!!

Timing is EVERYTHING when launching products and apple got to the mass market before android did, its that simple.

You know the thing i dont understand in debates, the whole hatred to apple products and apple consumers. There are many people who like apple and will get some of their products if they like them (like me) and there are some who will buy every product apple sell based on the fact they love the brand. You get this the world over on loads of brands! Its not this which is pathetic, whats pathetic is people who use terms like fanboi and itards etccccc they are the real idiots! Why oh why does it bother people ssooooo much if some people love a product? Just let them get on with it!

Does NOT make you ANY better because you DONT like apple products than those who do!!!

I dont know ANYONE who owns apple products who constantly calls people 'anroid fanbois' 'android tards' 'anroid sheep' etc........ But yet anroid fans go out of their way to call apple fans names! That speaks volumes to me! People using these terms no matter what brand seriously need to get a life!!! Let people enjoy whatever products they want, and you enjoy yours instead of labelling people! Its pathetic, just pathetic!!

Nothing wrong at all with the italic part. The thing is, from that point on you launch yourself into a rant about what other people think. No one is saying they 'hate' apple products or the people that use them. To suggest they are hated is a bit silly. If you look at the computer section of the forum, you will see the same thing happening between people using different browsers every day. None of them hate each other.

I also don't see the problem with calling someone a fanboi either. It's been going on for decades in the football world, and do you know what.....We get on with it.

Its fun, I must admit I thought it was going to be more of a gimmick but its actually very practical.

What do you use it for?

To me it seems a bit silly - the guy in the apple shop demonstrated it the other day by asking 'What's the weather like today' - which opened up the weather app.

But to do that he had to hold down the button for 2 seconds, speak the question, wait for it to be processed and then watch the app opening.

Its quicker to hit to the app icon - 1 press - opens instantly - no waiting.

Unless you really need to send message when driving I can't really see any real use for it?