Iphone 4s whats your thoughts?

It's a bit of a non-release. There's still nothing new in the iPhone.

Websites like Engadget are parading it around like the next cure for cancer.

you'll probably be waiting a while for NFC as there's really only Barclays that offer/support it, and I don't know anywhere in Sheffield that has the capability, only heared about it in London tbh...

Larger screen will possibly happen, possibly not...

I went somewhere the other day in Sheffield that had it. Couldn't tell you where though :confused:

It's a bit of a non-release. There's still nothing new in the iPhone.

Websites like Engadget are parading it around like the next cure for cancer.

Bit late for that!

In terms of an upgrade its only the same as say the Galaxy S to the Galaxy S II - the dual core and the new camera had to happen just to keep up.

But there's no 'retina screen' moment here.

haha if you ask me i think that the iphone. is just an overpriced peice of junk. the only reason iy was made a success was from advertising (lots of it) and the app store! i know of phones that are half of the price but are twice as fast and powerful

Indeed, its a fashion item and because its fashionable developers eat it up.

It really annoys the hell out of me that everyone develops for iPhone first despite the fact it has a lower market share than Android (at least in the UK), it makes no logical sense. Without developer support the iPhone would just be like Windows Phone, uninteresting.

I respect that the iPhone did a very good implementation of a walled garden ecosystem, but I resent the fact its over-publicised and over-supported when Android should get equal or greater support.

Indeed, its a fashion item and because its fashionable developers eat it up.

It really annoys the hell out of me that everyone develops for iPhone first despite the fact it has a lower market share than Android (at least in the UK), it makes no logical sense. Without developer support the iPhone would just be like Windows Phone, uninteresting.

I respect that the iPhone did a very good implementation of a walled garden ecosystem, but I resent the fact its over-publicised and over-supported when Android should get equal or greater support.

It's something to do with Linux/Android users being cheapskates and not buying as much compared to the iPhone equivalent.

Its a chicken and egg situation. How can you expect people to buy as many apps on Android if those apps aren't available to buy?

Apple advertised well so got people on board before Android Market was ready for mainstream use. That is the only advantage and its publishers/developers making excuses that is keeping it from the same level of success.

Its a self fulfilling prophesy, you aren't going to sell apps if you do not bother to support the platform in the first place.

Example, Popcap games:

• Only available via a third-party marketplace (Amazon) so eliminates the biggest seller of apps, impulse buying.
  • Only available in the US, yet Android is more popular elsewhere.
  • Only ported a small minority of their catalogue compared to iPhone.

I have Android Market, LGs own market and even installed SlideME market on my phone. Yet primarily I only look at Android Market, because its a hassle to check more than one place.

Most people will think if its not on Android Market, its not available, because they expect it to work like iPhone does.

Bottom line, its an excuse not to support Android because its harder to support due to the many different hardware configurations. I do not believe for a second its due to concrete proof that Android owners are less likely to buy the games.

haha if you ask me i think that the iphone. is just an overpriced peice of junk. the only reason iy was made a success was from advertising (lots of it) and the app store! i know of phones that are half of the price but are twice as fast and powerful

Apple seem to like the use of indirect advertising. I can honestly say that I believe that half the lawsuits they file against other companies are simply just to get the Apple brand into the news media, protraying themselves as victims and the opposing company as the big bad evil.

Look at Samsung with the Galaxy Tab. Apple know that the functionality of the tab alone outstrips the ipad 2 so they sue Samsung for patent breaches claiming that Samsung copied the ipad and stuck a samsung logo on it so that people think "samsung bad, apple victim"

Someone wrote this on another forum:

(when talking about Steve Jobs)

But his company hasn't invented anything thats changed the world at everyone claims.

iPod - There were portable MP3 players before the ipod, they just designed their own take on it.

iPhone - Again the way every fan boi went off you'd think that the last 20 years of mobile phone technology didn't exist. In fact it's taken Apple 4 generations of the same phone to even come close to whats available on the market, even so they're still second fiddle to some other manufacturers.

iPad - Same as the iPhone really. Tablet computers already existed up to 7 years previously. Current litigation prevents Samsung from releasing the next gen Galaxy Tab. A law suit Apple filed because they know the ipad can't compete.

Apple don't invent, they put shiny plastics around existing tech and claim they've changed the world.

Apple don't innovate, they litigate. If they're behind in the tech race they slam competitors with bogus lawsuits to slow the competition down rather than pushing forward, essentially stagnating technology at least for a short period

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple's litigation budget was the main drain on their resources, closely follwed by advertising and lastly actual R&D.

Anyone preordering the iphone 4s?

Anyone preordering the iphone 4s?

ordered mine this afternoon,had a 3gs for best part of 18 months never had an issue with it,contract up for renewel with orange gave me a ring said would i like a free 4s? so took them up on the offer.just hope it's as good as my 3gs has been

ordered mine this afternoon,had a 3gs for best part of 18 months never had an issue with it,contract up for renewel with orange gave me a ring said would i like a free 4s? so took them up on the offer.just hope it's as good as my 3gs has been

When you getting yours?