Why are the Tories in Power

I'm sorry but I don't see a name tag on it that means it's exclusively yours....

You're jumping to conclusions again you chicken !!

I must say how pleasantly surprised I am to see all these threads started to show Labour support are actually proving to show the opposite!!

Less people are blinkered when viewing the Labour party than I thought! Which is great in my book!

I wouldn't be too happy. This Forum dosen't represent the views of Sheffielders as a whole.

Try standing on Fargate for an hour and ask a random set of people what they think of the Tories. Their replies will be unprintable.

Are we not better off now being all in it together because i was not at all happy being shoulder to shoulder.

Assuming of course that we are not in it together up to our necks whilst still being shoulder to shoulder in which case id rather be Stephen Merchant than Ronnie Corbett - both of whom id trust to lead a country more than the current or previous government.

Does nt Ronnie Corbett operate Sooty after a career in Steptoe and Son;Stephen Merchant operated a lifesize version of David Brent.

I wouldn't be too happy. This Forum dosen't represent the views of Sheffielders as a whole.

Try standing on Fargate for an hour and ask a random set of people what they think of the Tories. Their replies will be unprintable.

So what. Its an open forum. It doesn't have to represent anything.

To be honest anyone who is actually prepared to stop on fargate and answer a random question from a random person doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. Have you seen most vox pop interviews!

Whether right or wrong the views of us "sheffielders" means bugger all nationally. Labour got 17.1 thousand votes in Sheffield just behind the liberals 16.9 thousand. I will admit that the tory votes of little over 4,000 in the city proves they dont have much support round these parts.

BUT that does not change the fact that the tories got just over 10 million votes nationally comapred to the 8.6 million labour ones. If it wasn't for the stupid voting system which counts the number of seats won/lost rather than using the overall figure, they would have had full control. As it stood the liberals had the deciding swing and made their bed.

There is nothing more we can do about it until the next general election. We can scream, smash shops windows, pitch tents, throw fire extinguishers and chant all we like and it will make no difference. Or we could perhaps just get on with our lives like some of us have have been doing since every poor government and hey maybe, just maybe sanity will be restored to the world.

la la la la... la la la la.... :partyhat::partyhat::partyhat:

Edited by ECCOnoob

because they were voted in, kind of.

No they weren't, the votes were tied between the Tories and the Liberal Democrats, but Dave Cameron took the PM job and Nick Clegg is his Deputy, I believe they called it "Coalition" Government :D

It's not your country, it's everyones country and they decided to kick out the last lot that presided over negative growth for well over a year or more.

They aren’t in power because the last lot got kicked out, they are in power because too many floating voters decided to give the Lib / Dems a chance and we all know what happened then ………. Will the floating voters be fooled again ………. No chance, bye bye lib / dems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15178959

What are these useless ------- doing to my country, is it possible to get rid of them before any further damage is done ?

I dont know either, i think we have to wait until the people say we have had enough, but i guess its got to be a while yet...but i think it is slowly sinking in...

I dont know either, i think we have to wait until the people say we have had enough, but i guess its got to be a while yet...but i think it is slowly sinking in...

The Election was only last year, so there's about another 3 years to wait for another General Election, short of one being called early, which has happened in the past.

The Election was only last year, so there's about another 3 years to wait for another General Election, short of one being called early, which has happened in the past.

well, erm....i am talking about more drastic action to be honest :hihi:

Try asking what they think of Labour.

My father used to be Labour through and through but came to detest what Labour had become.

No they weren't, the votes were tied between the Tories and the Liberal Democrats, but Dave Cameron took the PM job and Nick Clegg is his Deputy, I believe they called it "Coalition" Government :D

Votes tied, Mmmm I don't think so.

Tories - Seats won 306, total votes 10.7 million

Labour - Seats won 258, total votes 8.6 million

Lib Dem - Seats won 57, total votes 6.8 million

There was no clear majority...

Conservative: 49.3%

Labour: 41.5%

Liberal: 9.2%