New Bar - Boudica

Which beers do you have nightlife?

After spending time in berlin a couple of years ago I would love to see berliner on draught in sheffield.

That would even get me out on a school night..

Eh up,

Me and my mate went to Boudica tonight and enjoyed the double spirits and mixers for £2 a piece (which is a very good price).

However, it was kind of what I anticipated in there...

Decor wise, the hanging chairs looked cool, and if I'd had a few more drinks, I would probably have challenged him to some mad max stylie 'Thunderdrome' swing off in them.

However, the music seemed to be, in my opinion, very poor generic 'bar music' kind of what my preconceptions led me to believe, song after song of generic funky house, bang bang, pop balls.

There were probably about 12 other people in, which to be fair was more than some bars we went in. But really, it seemed a bit soulless and didn't really have an identity to it.

I'm not trying to be a dick or be clever, just give an honest appraisal of the venue.

I went upstairs and had a sneaky peak in the room up top, which was small but looked like it might be cool for a function or something. It was not suitable for bands or anything like that though, which is a shame.

I know that I have visited this venue before in previous guises and found it to be of a rather strange layout. This is still the case. The acoustics are poor and, despite a rather well spec'd sound system, the space sounds a bit weird, too many hard tiled surfaces and big glass windows.

The staff were sound and polite, I couldn't fault them.

I totally respect that, in the current climate, this venue is opening up from scratch and trying to do something new. There are somethings that they are doing well at. But, in my opinion though, there are some important things that are not quite there yet.

Its a bar, ofcourse its meant to appeal to the majority, if it played soley one style of music it would appeal to minorities!!!

Yes, but a reliable minority who won't go anywhere else as you are the only place that caters for them ?

now that i know that it has reopened i shall call in i used to go in before it shut down before you could do with placard at the end of the road so people know that it's there i walked past the other night and theres no indication that its open

Is this bar still open? Went past on saturday, and looked like it had closed down???

Still updating and promoing via Facebook. They have taken to having positioned promo girls on the door of Cavendish, I'm sure they like that!

Still updating and promoing via Facebook. They have taken to having positioned promo girls on the door of Cavendish, I'm sure they like that!

Outside The Cavendish? So they've given up on being unique within a month, and just want any old punter now??? They'd have had me on saturday, had they been open - although it was about 6ish when I went past, so maybe only opens pre club now?

hiya doors open at 8 ladystar it states that in previous post...... i been in few times not a bad venue n seen few regular faces in there from around town ... the next few months will be the tester to see if it succeeds

Also ladystar, there's more foot traffic outside cavendish and varsity at that end of town than any other place so if your going to flyer and promote the bar then that would be a good place to stand. I wasn't aware that stating the bar is unique including the clientele. If anything I have mentioned it's somewhere for everyone to try. Not a venue that is solely catering to one type of person.

Not promoting on Facebook very well.

The page isn't regularly updated, and the website isn't working.

Trying to find out about possible drink offers/ cocktail menus etc has proved fruitless. My better half only drinks cocktails (or soft drinks) so would have liked a bit of easy info....thought it would have been easier with the living social deal that was on (that I bl**dy missed).

Me and my girls are looking to try a new place I heard about this place before. I might have to come have a look :)