Attercliffe - What is it like these days?

Guest Guest

Does Attercliffe still exist :?: I haven't been to Sheffield in years, but when I did live there Attercliffe was seriously in danger of being seriously run down.

Attercliffe does still exist, all be it probably not as you remember it. There are a few shops and pubs still standing were the Old Banners was.

Going further towards Tinsley (M1) this area has been totally redeveloped and consists of new call centres, offices, hotels, pubs, Centertainment (Cinemas, Bowling, Night Clubs, Resturants) Sheffield Arena, New Police Station, Don Valley Stadium, New Centre for Sport (Being built), New National Ice Arena (Being Built) and of course Meadowhall.

My tip for the future, it wont be long until this redevelopment does away with all of the old Attercliffe and extends right to the Wicker.

Guest Guest

except for the top common its pretty much dead. You get lots of knockin shops, wife swapping clubs and a few second hand shops. There's still a few pubs left station,kings head , greyhound and a couple on worksop road. The best thing about it now is the curry houses

Guest Guest

I remember Banners. They were on the bottom of the hill and sold everything. Wow, looks like Sheffield is looking up and getting better everyday. I also have fond memories of Firth Park and Tinsley. In fact I still have relatives in both areas. :P

basically its a brothel, but would generally be disguised as a sauna

Mikey I know, Richard told me. So, Attercliffe is actually no better than it was twenty years ago. One could only hope. :oops:

Guest, Attercliffe has moved to 95th Street, just south of 107 Avenue!!

Originally posted by Guest

I remember Banners. They were on the bottom of the hill and sold everything. Wow, looks like Sheffield is looking up and getting better everyday. I also have fond memories of Firth Park and Tinsley. In fact I still have relatives in both areas. :P

Banners is still there.

Attercliff is the seedy soho of sheffield. . . every area has one im sure. . . theres the wive swapping club and sauna, tatoo and pet shops and er some other stuff too. . like don valey, the ice rink and the areana . . what a contrast. . . sports and leisure, slap bang next door to brothels, gang bang clubs, kebabs shops, pubs. . .

Attercliff is the seedy soho of sheffield. . . every area has one im sure. . . theres the wive swapping club and sauna, tatoo and pet shops and er some other stuff too. . like don valey, the ice rink and the areana . . what a contrast. . . sports and leisure, slap bang next door to brothels, gang bang clubs, kebabs shops, pubs. . .

Sounds like a great day out to me... :P

yeah but no one lives around there, so who is it hurting?