Are they demolishing city centre or not?

oh b*******! i hate club wow site...miles away from mi usual bars in town! will ask the manager wen i go round at the weekend!

Originally posted by "RPG"

well, youd have to goto the new one :P

i heard......

ClubWOW in Valley Centertainment is moving to the Roxy, and Kingdom is moving to the old club wow site,

hope that helps

Really? where did you hear this? it was my understanding that Pulse which became Kingdom only opened Pulse for a few years so that they could gain a licence and find a location in the city centre. Seems strange to be moving back there again. One thing is for sure, I could never understand why they did close Pulse, I mean I know it had competition from WOW but they both seemed ot do very well and help each ither IMO

Originally posted by "Laura"

oh b*******! i hate club wow site...miles away from mi usual bars in town! will ask the manager wen i go round at the weekend!

I have not got a problem with the site. I just don't like the club!.

yea fink i did a typo there. i like the actual place cuz of the food n cinema n stuff its jus not like clubbin nightlife kinda place......neway Kdom is bin demolished in 2009! quite awhile away...its a shame tho cuz its alright inside!

Originally posted by "Laura"

yea fink i did a typo there. i like the actual place cuz of the food n cinema n stuff its jus not like clubbin nightlife kinda place......neway Kdom is bin demolished in 2009! quite awhile away...its a shame tho cuz its alright inside!

Somehow I can't see the inside of Kingdom (or any nightclub for that matter) still being the same in 2009 :D If it is you might suggest to the owners that it's replacement follows a similar theme.

Found this old thread via the search feature. I know official plans have been posted a long time ago, but it wasn't until this weekend that I discovered (from someone at Cole Brothers) that they were moving to where the fire station is now. The fire station in turn is moving to Infirmary Road (I think?). Anyone know why the fire station is moving? Is it just to make some city centre space available for Cole Brothers? :P

The fire Station is moving to Eyre St, just above Decathlon. The site is already bought (I think). The old one leaks anyway. Whether it all happens.... well lets wait and see eh?

On the club front I heard Wow was moving into the city centre into an old carpet showroom near the moor, and a rumour doing the rounds is Kingdom will move into a refitted Roxy building.

Current Kingdom building and Cole Bros is to be flattened as part of retail quarter development, and fire station is being moved out of way. Cole Brothers will be replaced by a new flagship John Lewis store not far away as part of the development.

Also the next phase of work at Sheffield station starts next year, including the demolition of Sheaf House, changes to roads and rebuilding of station concourse which will see a new Travel Centre built about where the taxi rank currently is (I think).

fink ppl typin like this shud kinda like try n speak proprly coz they luk like mentalists.

However, if you have a prediliction for appalling and insignificant dumps like Kingdom you very probably are one anyway. Frankly they should flatten it and relocate it to somewhere more culturally suitable. Like Doncaster.

C ya l8ter.

Anyone else go to the exhibition in the Winter Gardens last week? They seem to have some good ideas but none that I've not seen before. The new frontage to Midland Station looks good, the station itself no better than at present though. The new Barkers Pool looks cold without the trees fronting the City Hall. I didn't see any mention of the taxi rank being moved (sadly) which is presumably why the pop-up urinals they are proposing are where they are. I guess they're the lesser of two evils - the entrance to the City Hall is presently a disgrace.

Other things - they're planning information boards for the city, which are look like a good idea but the quality of the ones shown was poor.

The questionnaires at the exhibition were typically patronising. Who is going to say 'better bus shelters' is a bad idea??

Originally posted by Red 2

You like Richie Hawtin Plastiman?

Is that a person or a brand?