Virgin phone line

I have had trouble with my virgin telephone for the last Three days. I reported it via my mobile (took an hour plus all my credit because the call centre is in India and I kept getting cut off, I am dumping virgin asap.)and they said they would send an engineer out on Saturday, then yesterday (Thu 29) I received a text saying they have identified a fault in the area and cancelled the engineer. Well I still have no phone, and so far, no other contact. Any one else in this predicament?

Are you sure about it being in India. Maybe it was an Indian in Darnall, that's where the call centre is and they have another one in Newcastle.

Are you sure about it being in India. Maybe it was an Indian in Darnall, that's where the call centre is and they have another one in Newcastle.

Well I am just guessing India, because every time I call I get some Asian sounding person on the other end, and it always gets cut off.

Are you sure about it being in India. Maybe it was an Indian in Darnall, that's where the call centre is and they have another one in Newcastle.[/quote

There is a call centre in Sheffield, but that's for customer service. If the OP has reported a fault, then this would have probably been dealt with offshore. You can, however, ask to speak with an agent in the UK.

Jayne

It is defiantly India and not an Indian in Attercliffe actually. I have been with Virgin Media for a couple of years now, so have had to call them a few times and got the Indian call centre. From past experience, a weekday daytime call can sometimes get you through to a UK call centre.

Try 150 and ask for customer relations.

When I had a problem I was told this gets you put through to UK based technical support, not the read it it off a card type.

have you got any neighbors who are on virgin whose phone you can use if not you can use mine but im at handsworth

I have had trouble with my virgin telephone for the last Three days. I reported it via my mobile (took an hour plus all my credit because the call centre is in India and I kept getting cut off, I am dumping virgin asap.)and they said they would send an engineer out on Saturday, then yesterday (Thu 29) I received a text saying they have identified a fault in the area and cancelled the engineer. Well I still have no phone, and so far, no other contact. Any one else in this predicament?

The fact the call centre is in India had nothing to do with eating up your credit. You could have used saynoto0870 website to find a geographic number.

Typical response.

It is something to do with Virgin and technical problems.

I've had problems with slow internet and wireless disconnecting constantly, in addition to tv problems. According to them, it will be rectified within 24 hours. I was told this on three different days in the last week. They still haven't sorted it.

I had cause to phone Virgin last week & I asked the lad where he was and he said Manila! I couldnt believe it, why cant they have a British call centre Ill never know, dont answer "its because of the cost" I know that. The profit they make could take a small drop and have a call centre at home.

they cut my phone off by mistake and they said they would resume services within 72 hours. After 15 phone calls and waiting 4 weeks i switched to sky...........

Well I went down to Darnall today, what a waste of time that was. I could not speak to any one, there was a bloke on reception who said all he can do is dial a number for me. So he dialled a number and handed me the phone, yes you've guessed it. "press No 1 for this" "press No 2 for that" etc. what a crap service. Never again I am changing to some one else.