Looking for a classical concert venue

Hi,

I'm quite new to Sheffield, so I still have lots to learn! I'm a professional musician and I've just formed a new ensemble with young talented colleagues called the Band of Music. Here is a little about us:

The Band of Music is a new group made up of established and experienced baroque musicians who wanted to get together, play beautifully the music that they love and communicate it to as many people as possible. Their members play together with all the country's leading period ensembles, including the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the Sixteen, the English Concert, The King's Consort, The Gabrieli Consort... Plans for their first CD are already afoot.

Its early stages, but we're looking for a concert venue where we can test out some repertoire and build performing experience/exposure together.

Our idea is: to put on free concerts with a retiring collection in aid of a charity, or perhaps in aid of a church fund. We would hope to take some money to help cover our travel costs, but that is all (we are spread across the country, and travel is so expensive at the moment). Essentially, it would be a chance for us to develop and perform some programmes that we could then market to a paying audience in the future.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if you are connected to a church that might be interested, please let me know, we would be delighted to hear from you!

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Edited by cellotim

Hi Tim

The Yorkshire Wind Orchestra are playing at St. Marks in Broomhill on 15th October. We are a semi-professional ensemble and will be playing a varied programme of mostly British music, so you would get to experience the acoustics of the venue. Why not come along and have a listen and see what you think of the venue?

Info here:

http://www.yorkshirewinds.co.uk/events.php