Wire mill hook size?

hi been fishing there a few times now and am going again on saturday, i have been fishing with size 16/0 hooks and seem to have a feeling that a different size hook would be better, getting bites but not many takes, is a size bigger/smaller better?also does anyone who a better place to fish? heard locksley dam in hillsbourgh is good, is this true?

thanks,

what bait are you using on the 16 ??? if your using maggot,caster piece of worm use a 18/20,pellet or corn 16/18 depending on pellet size you'll also get away with a 20 for corn aswell and try using a hook length with a smaller diamiter 0.12 should be ok

using mix of maggots, worms, corn, so you are saying a smaller hook ?

yes mate try scaleing down your hook sizes,go down to a 20/18 and feed little and often with maggot

I used to catch using a size 18 with a small pellet. For maggots i would never go over a size 20. For corn i would usually use a size 18. For worm i would go down to a size 16 but i never really had any luck using worm on Wire Mill.

What seemed to make the biggest difference for me was the diameter of the hook length. I ended up using a pre stretched 0.8 line in the end.

That was a few years ago though.